How does Huepel go about fixing our defense?

bowhunterfanatic

Step number 1. Fire Willie Martinez. Dude was awful his first stint at UT and continues to be awful now. He had NFL talent his first go around that couldn't cover a sloth under his guidance. Nothing seems to have changed. Aside from that, recruit like heyal.

Gravey

Well Jeremy Banks being out hurt as he's probably your best guy on that side of the ball. Then one of the starting corners was out and they're not that good anyway. All that to say they've got to recruit some studs. As the old saying goes "it's not all about the X's and the O's but the Jimmy's and the Joe's". Gotta have the guys that can play. RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT!!!

PalsPal

All that to say they've got to recruit some studs. As the old saying goes "it's not all about the X's and the O's but the Jimmy's and the Joe's". Gotta have the guys that can play. RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT!!!

It's pretty simple. While overachieving most of the season, we still lack talent and depth at several positions.

Great players make coaches look great.

Now, some coaches can still mess that up, and if you put bad coaches with less than stellar players, you get Saturdays performance. The secondary needs an overall of both players and coaches.

PillsburyDoughboy

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Hire Gruden

K-dub

We need more talent in the secondary. Big time offensive players want to be in this offense, have to draw the big time defensive guys. Without both, it doesn't work

PillsburyDoughboy

Brent Venables Only got 1 year left on his contract and his buy out is pretty small in comparison to alot of the other schools. Fans and donors are NOT happy with the schools record this year. I might be a little worried if I was a vols fan that Heuple might not be around next season to "fix" these problems if it was me.

wayne

First thing to do is get rid of Willie Martinez. I don't know how this man keeps getting P5 jobs. He must be the best interviewer ever.
Linebackers and linemen have played decent and have shown improvement over last year.

Forvols

Tn needs to recruit on the D side, but also balance the O side. Not every player has to be 5 star, but be capable of development. Bottom line, TN rode the explosive offence this year ( O side was developed and truly overachievers to and extent). With no explosive D or ability to draw it out. Thats coaching. And all this sun/mon armchair thoughts we have developed over a current 9-2 season to date.

Last edited:

Mescalero

Brent Venables Only got 1 year left on his contract and his buy out is pretty small in comparison to alot of the other schools. Fans and donors are NOT happy with the schools record this year. I might be a little worried if I was a vols fan that Heuple might not be around next season to "fix" these problems if it was me.
So Brent Venables signed a two year, low buy out contact? Right.

Latest posts