How did this slip by the Bama Haters??

PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy

Alabama athletics claims $174 million in revenue for 2017. $173.9 million from the football program! Keep on hating :super:

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
a754d91ec9695cb0b327b27a5071c988.jpg

Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyB

TreyB

PillsburyDoughboy":jhufrpz0 said:
Alabama athletics claims $174 million in revenue for 2017. $173.9 million from the football program! Keep on hating :super:

I would say your numbers are off.... no way all the other sports only made that small amount.

S

Scioto

That's a healthy net profit margin for the football program. Not so much for the entire athletic department.

Zulu

Zulu

Supporter
Scioto":34bfosii said:
That's a healthy net profit margin for the football program. Not so much for the entire athletic department.

No doubt that football carries the athletic department. I was hoping that men's BB might start generating more revenue, but unless they get seriously competitive that's not going to happen.

I AM very happy, at least, with what Bama has done with those profits. It's saved me a ton of money over the last six years.

S

Scioto

nitro_z17":xp06vqjb said:
Scioto":xp06vqjb said:
No doubt

I remember posting something a year or two ago from Forbes or USA Today or some publication that listed all the D1 athletic departments and best I recall there were less than 10 that turned a profit. Maybe nearer to 5. Alabama and Ohio State were two. I think Michigan, Texas, maybe LSU were the others. I don't think any from the ACC or PAC 12 were profitable and I think only Texas from the Big 12 (because of the Longhorn Network). There may have been a handful more on the profitable list, and Alabama was nearer the bottom of that list.