How’d that get in there?

My bride made stew with canned deer from last year. Was enjoying it over rice when I ran in to this. 😳

265297FF-DB4F-41BE-A170-7FD1E8F8FEDF.jpeg

That was almost a bad day. My question is, how in the cornbread world did it get in there. I asked her if she used any of the turkey stock she makes from the birds I kill. She said no. Why would a pellet that size be in deer meat?

Anyone else ever find bird shot in a deer you've killed?

Carlos

How certain are you? 🤔

😆😆😆
Well I actually had requested assistance from the GW, wanted to eliminate a few deer that were troublesome. He said I could only shoot them with bird-shot from 80 yards minimum. Only does were allowed to be shot, and only during daylight hours.

I fired a few rounds at them, they'd just come back after dark.

Then my son killed a doe during the Juvenile hunt, and that's when a
I realized what a terrible idea it was.

Well I actually had requested assistance from the GW, wanted to eliminate a few deer that were troublesome. He said I could only shoot them with bird-shot from 80 yards minimum. Only does were allowed to be shot, and only during daylight hours.

I fired a few rounds at them, they'd just come back after dark.

Then my son killed a doe during the Juvenile hunt, and that's when a
I realized what a terrible idea it was.
I was joking. LOL That's interesting. 👍🏼 Thanks for sharing!!

Moonman

Well I'll be on the other side of the above. I was taking care of garden rabbits and coons and I shot and a dead gum deer ran away in the brush you'd never see one in. I've sighted in my hunting rifle before and set my target up (safe nothing behind it) and right close to where I was sighting it in a deer jump up yoh couldn't see and run off.

Wobblyshot1

Years ago, I had a base section of antler that I was going to make a knife handle out of. As I was working to smooth up and polish the rough base a little dark spot suddenly appears. The more I worked it the more I came to realize that it was lead. My only conclusion was that it was a birdshot imbedded in hard antler.

Omega

I found a .22 in the neck of a deer I killed once. It was nicely isolated, looked like a gland or something, had to cut into it to see the bullet. I was told then that many poachers use .22s because they are not as loud.

Latest posts