HOT wingbone call

catman529

Well it's kind of laughable, but I had a jar of hot spicy oil that I use to make hot fried chicken or turkey. It is loaded with cayenne and Carolina Reaper pepper. The jar was setting in my truck for a day, and because of all the ground pepper in the oil, the gasket didn't make a good seal... So of course it leaked oil onto my favorite wingbone call, on the mouthpiece of course. I washed it with hot water and Dawn this morning, but it's still pretty spicy...I just hope a gobbler heats up over it too. Been quiet since I got into the woods around 10am. Anyone hearing anything today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
Haha! You may start the next trend...ghost reaper wingbones

catman529

Tennessee Lead":2tokar5g said:
Lol!
I'm getting ready to head out for a little bit

it's nice, not as hot, and they're decreasing the chance of rain so I might only have to sit out a small shower instead of head to the truck.

catman529

krazykarl_13":17e8k6xm said:

so does that mean if I call in a tom with this call, am I reaping?

krazykarl_13

2-Step Enabled
catman529":2obg8prj said:
krazykarl_13":2obg8prj said:

so does that mean if I call in a tom with this call, am I reaping?

It would up to the tn deer jury haha! The spicy call may help not to overcall though

Bone Collector

catman529":1l4e44ew said:
Well it's kind of laughable, but I had a jar of hot spicy oil that I use to make hot fried chicken or turkey. It is loaded with cayenne and Carolina Reaper pepper. The jar was setting in my truck for a day, and because of all the ground pepper in the oil, the gasket didn't make a good seal... So of course it leaked oil onto my favorite wingbone call, on the mouthpiece of course. I washed it with hot water and Dawn this morning, but it's still pretty spicy...I just hope a gobbler heats up over it too. Been quiet since I got into the woods around 10am. Anyone hearing anything today?

Awesome! glad you knew it happened. Would have been pretty funny if you got in there and went to blow the call and found out it had hot sauce on it. :lol:

I didn't hear anything today. I managed to call in 3 different hens.... I'm becoming a pro at calling hens in.

catman529

krazykarl_13":2416ufwx said:
It would up to the tn deer jury haha! The spicy call may help not to overcall though

lmao thought the same thing. If it burns too much I'm calling too much.

Bone Collector yea I noticed the red stain right away and knew what happened. I can't even call in a hen right now. But I've seen a few.

Sky opened up over an hour ago, and after half an hour under a limestone rock, I headed to the truck and am now at Sonic hoping it clears up in time to check the fields this evening. I'm soaked and the radar has blown up rather than diminish like I thought it would.

megalomaniac

That reaper lasts a while, huh? :)

My reaper plants are being decimated by aphids this year. Hit them 4x with permethrin, once with seven, and I still can't kill them off.

catman529

megalomaniac":1pia5109 said:

My reaper plants are being decimated by aphids this year. Hit them 4x with permethrin, once with seven, and I still can't kill them off.
my seedlings all got aphids because the big reaper I brought in last fall has kept aphids on it all winter and they spread to the seedlings. Oh well

megalomaniac

catman529":28aq7lh9 said:
megalomaniac":28aq7lh9 said:

my seedlings all got aphids because the big reaper I brought in last fall has kept aphids on it all winter and they spread to the seedlings. Oh well

EXACTLY what happened to mine... last time I over winter peppers in the greenhouse... Hope they don't spread to my other peppers (jalapenos, habaneros, poblanos, etc)

catman529

megalomaniac":28a4o1xh said:
catman529":28a4o1xh said:
megalomaniac":28a4o1xh said:

EXACTLY what happened to mine... last time I over winter peppers in the greenhouse... Hope they don't spread to my other peppers (jalapenos, habaneros, poblanos, etc)
they spread to my peppers first but since everything is in the same tray they also hit the tomatoes and dill weed

Latest posts