Horton Sight Help

bowriter

R.I.P.
So I decided I would take the Horton scope sight off the X-bow and see if another scope I had would fit. Came off just fine. No, other scope didin't fit. Had a screw and a spring.

Now, Just where in all billy help does the freakin spring go and how do I tighten the scope down? I see exactly how the screw goes through the hole and through the scope. However, it will not tighten down and I must assume the spring goes somewhere since it sprung from there.

Very glad that is my backup bow.

Dienamic

From a xbow forum: the spring goes in the front hole of the rail. I asssume pushing up on the scope. Push down hard and get the screw started (from the side? Wasnt clear...). Post a close up pic of the rail if you can. Maybe we can sort it out.

Dienamic

Did some more reading. The post above makes sense for a dial a range. The spring is what keeps tension on the dial a range. It would probably have to go in the front of the mount to push "up" on the sight bridge that the scope mounts to. That allows you to turn the dial and it stay in place (not flop down). With that idea in mind it should be easy to cipher out. They did say that it takes a bit of effort to push the scope down. Bad design on their part letting the scope retain the spring...

bowriter

R.I.P.
Okay. I got you. I understand exactly what you are saying. I never figured the spring stood upright but that makes perfect sense and it is a dial-a-range. I don't know why I had to mess with it. I have killed several deer with it and when I shot it yesterday, it was perfect. It is quite a bit lighter than my TenPoint and right now, that counts.

Just my old hot natured self, I guess. I'll try it that way after while.

Dienamic

Just a bad case of "mess-with-its". The wife says I fix stuff till its broke. I reverse engineer and design for a living. Just cant turn it off sometimes.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Why Shoot! That worked just as it was designed. Couple shots, I'll be backed up again.

Now if I could just figure out how to turn my bi-pod into a tripod, I really be happy.

encore06

bowriter said:
Why Shoot! That worked just as it was designed. Couple shots, I'll be backed up again.

Now if I could just figure out how to turn my bi-pod into a tripod, I really be happy.
That's easy bw. just get aq mono-pod and, using a roll of camo dust tape, affixed it to the bi-pod. Simple math: a mono-pod + a bi-pod = a tri-pod. :)

Roger

Make sure the dial is on the lowest setting. It takes most of the tension off and make starting the screw easier.

Latest posts