Hornady 50 cal 340gr bore driver eld x ML bullets.

squirrel_hunter

I seen some online. Very pricey 12 ct for 40.00. A 340gr bullet for long range. The biggest BC muzzle bullet out. I watched the pod cast. One guy from hornady. Killed a antelope 340 yds. He said he used a factory inline muzzleloader. I would like to try them in my CVA Optima V2 50 cal LR rifle. But not at 40.00 for 12 ct.
Screenshot_20221029-215916_YouTube~2.jpg

Last edited:

Wiley

Seems to me to be a fix for a problem that don't exist. If "factory inline muzzleloader" was his only comment on the weapon I'd figure on it being a smokeless for sure. A little smoke(less) and mirrors there.

squirrel_hunter

Screenshot_20221030-164348_Chrome~2.jpg
They came out with it for hunter's shooting longer distances. A good deer and elk bullet they said. And its Colorado legal. They been doing the testing mostly with blackhorn powder. Podcast is on u tube that talks about it.

chris1976

View attachment 154292They came out with it for hunter's shooting longer distances. A good deer and elk bullet they said. And its Colorado legal. They been doing the testing mostly with blackhorn powder. Podcast is on u tube that talks about it.
The powerbelt elr looks to be the same type high bc long range bullet. I think they are cheaper than those.

vonb

Than you haven't shot the 350 grain and over, yes under 300 grain suck but the heavy ones are good boolets
You are correct. The 295s left such a bad taste in my mouth as well as the rest of the hunters in deer camp that we swore them off. I won't try Powerbelt again. To add to that, Hornady has always worked for me. I figured don't try to fix what's not broken.

BSK

You are correct. The 295s left such a bad taste in my mouth as well as the rest of the hunters in deer camp that we swore them off. I won't try Powerbelt again. To add to that, Hornady has always worked for me. I figured don't try to fix what's not broken.
Agree completely. HATE the 295s and under. But the 348s and 405s have proven sure killers. Too bad they've stop offering a lot of their bullets in these weights.

348Winchester

Only in the powerbelts, the 295 and under pancake on deer but i can take a 260 scorpion gold, 240 xtp, and the ftx ,sst etc and get pass thrus all the time, its construction and velocity as much as weight depending on the bullet
Yep, bullet construction is vital. Nosler partition bullets design allow even light weight bullets to achieve superior penetration.

BSK

I agree with the others. Light-weight Powerbelts are constructed too lightly. They go to pieces. The heavier ones tend to hold together.

chris1976

It depends on how the bullet is constructed. The softer the lead is the heavier it has to be. Even jacketed bullets will not give deep penetration if they are constructed to rapidly upset upon impact.
That is exactly why the Barnes are so good. Perfect expansion with near 100% weight retention every single time.

Latest posts