Homebrew ? problems

fourwheeler431

I have a homebrew that I'm having problems with and can't figure it out. The camera works if I push the button and the red motion light will come on when it picks up movement,but it will not take a picture on it's own. The small white wire running to the camera had a few broken strands in it and I thought maybe it wasn't getting a good signal. I put a little bit of solder on it thinking it might help,but it didn't change anything. Could this be a board problem or a camera problem?
IMAG0101.jpg

Good time Charlie

Battery;s Good?I assume
Just give it time in a dark room walk away for a few minutes,I have done this myself ..if you do not leave it alone for a set period of time they are programmed to start over...thinking ....if you will ...that you are working on it or checking the card.They will not ARM.
Not familiar with your board...but are your dip switches right?
To start off set it real aggressive ..like every 30 sec.
1 more thing ..make sure your settings on your cam are correct
you can find them at whitetail supply.

FIREMANJIM

I can see you are running a BG1 board. My guess is the shutter wire from the camera is broken some where or you have a cold solder joint. That board is no longer made so if it is the board you are out of luck. I see you have a three wire back on the camera. Un plug the camera from the board so you can get to the contacts on the camera side. Just guessing what wires do what here because I did not hack the camera. Take a pair of metal tweezers or needle nose pliers and touch red contact to black contact. Camera should power on. Now touch black to white and it should take a picture. Tell us what happened......maybe we can help you fix it.

fourwheeler431

Thank you guys I'll try that when I get home from work. It would work on occasion when you wiggled the wire,that's why I figured the white wire with the broken strands was the problem. I can only assume myself that the solder joints are all good as I didn't do the hack on the camera.

Latest posts