Hog Hunting after Deer Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfmartin1833

I know that the hog hunting regulation have had some changes over the last few years and I'm looking for information on the legality of hunting them. I'm on a new hunting lease in region 3 Cumberland county and the property has hogs. I want to make sure I'm legal before I make any attempt to hunt them outside of deer season, if I can. What license requirements are there and is it shotgun only or what are the weapon requirements. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scn

Technically, there is no hog "hunting" in Tennessee. Wild hog control is allowed on certain public lands incidental to other legal hunts. Information on that program is found on page 32 of the hunting guide.

On private land, landowners may shoot hogs year round during the day and trap with bait outside of the big game season. That would not apply to lease members unless they were the landowner.

If a landowner wants to expand their eradication program, they can apply for for an exemption permit that will also allow them to kill hogs at night. That permit will allow them to add up to ten additional designees to the permit to also do hog eradication. The permit will outline what methods can be used.

Thus, in answer to your question, you can't take hogs on that leased property, in season or out, unless the landowner of the property gets the exemption permit and designates you as one of the up to ten control persons on the permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts