High Water

stik

i have some old pics around here somewhere of some guys in a boat below ft. loudon dam with all spillways open. STUPID!!!STUPID!!!STUPID!!! 2 hrs. later they were looking for their bodies.

Jon

stik said:
i have some old pics around here somewhere of some guys in a boat below ft. loudon dam with all spillways open. STUPID!!!STUPID!!!STUPID!!! 2 hrs. later they were looking for their bodies.
Man thats crazy Stik, its amazing what people will do. I love the water with a passion, but I also have a healthy respect for it.

catman529

I never successfully fished waters near flood stage, but there is one spot on the Harpeth river a couple miles from my house. A small creek enters the river at this point and it's been fished and over-fished for a long time, in fact it was where I learned to cast a fishing rod for the first time 7 and a half years ago at age 11.

Anyway I sometimes catch some fish there, usually use some type of green pumpkin soft plastic, but haven't fished there lately. One time in that spot, I caught my biggest largemouth I had ever caught in the harpeth using a hard plastic bait I found on the ground.

But my best bass fishing in that spot is almost always when the water is up. Say the Harpeth river normally averages 3.5 feet deep. When it gets up to 6, 7, or even 8, that creek mouth has a nice mud line and eddy between the muddier Harpeth and the cleaner creek, and that hole usually gets packed with fish. I have even walked in on it one time to find several gar sitting there, and another time some buffalo had ventured in. That spot becomes 300% better when the water is up. You're making me want to go there now...

Latest posts