Hey poser

lockandloaded

Got a question. I have been processing my own deer for a long time now. But I am always up to learning something new or easier. I have been following your wonderful website. And I saw the braised ribs you have on there. I am always looking to get better yield. And so far I'm happy with what I'm getting. The only other way to get more would be to sit down and cut every little quater inch of areas I miss. So today I cut the ribs off.
Question is the thin flank meat the encases the ribs do you try and keep it on or take it off. So not knowing before hand. I left it on one rack and took it off to grind on the other rack. Lol. Soon I will be using your braised rib recipe and by the looks I will be keeping the ribs every time now.

lockandloaded

I have always cut it off and toss it in the grind mix. That's actually what happened to the one rack. Force of habit to just cut it off lol. I thought about it before the next rack. I any wait to try it. But now you have me thinking about stuffing it and roasting it. Just endless options. And that's why I process my own.
Does anyone else keep the ribs with sucsess too.

Latest posts