Hendon Hooker

THEdonkey0515

Let's be honest about it, most people want Bailey because he's white.
Dumb.

This fan base loved Josh Dobbs just a few years ago No one was wanting a white QB over him.

Everyone was perfectly fine with hooker once he took over.

Most people will want to see Bailey IF Milton cant get the job done....not because the color of his skin

PalsPal

In defense of Milton, the throw before the last one was catchable. Not sure why the receiver didn't leave his feet. Had he caught it, we'd all have a different opinion of him.

PalsPal

Concerning Bailey, his hype coming out of high school is why people want to see him. He hasn't lived up to the billing in practice, thus he rides the pine.

Displaced_Vol

Concerning Bailey, his hype coming out of high school is why people want to see him. He hasn't lived up to the billing in practice, thus he rides the pine.
That is true and there were unrealistic expectations placed on him that wasn't fair.

I've heard the local sports guys talk about "2 coaching staffs that had him as a backup"…that's correct but the last staff kept trotting JG out & this one decided Milton was the better choice over Hooker. I'm not saying Bailey is better or ready, but that we have more than enough evidence to be skeptical about the QB depth chart and a willingness to see how he plays in game. Which he's done fairly well in game in his limited opportunity.

cbhunter

That is true and there were unrealistic expectations placed on him that wasn't fair.

I've heard the local sports guys talk about "2 coaching staffs that had him as a backup"…that's correct but the last staff kept trotting JG out & this one decided Milton was the better choice over Hooker. I'm not saying Bailey is better or ready, but that we have more than enough evidence to be skeptical about the QB depth chart and a willingness to see how he plays in game. Which he's done fairly well in game in his limited opportunity.
In all fairness, Miltons pass was a catchable ball to Tillman in the end zone. Not perfect but catchable even though it was a bullet. However….that last play was just inexcusable. People can say he went in with 50 seconds left and caught in the moment. But that was one of (if not THE) biggest moment of his career. Gotta understand the situation and take a chance.

MickThompson

In all fairness, Miltons pass was a catchable ball to Tillman in the end zone. Not perfect but catchable even though it was a bullet. However….that last play was just inexcusable. People can say he went in with 50 seconds left and caught in the moment. But that was one of (if not THE) biggest moment of his career. Gotta understand the situation and take a chance.
Yep. Nothing to lose on an interception then. That ball had to go to the end zone

Displaced_Vol

The ball should have been thrown. But, Even after he decided to run, he's not a small or slow dude, try and make a play! We saw him lower his shoulder & try to run through guys earlier this year.

Gravey

I hope it's not true but if it is and Milton takes the reins we will have to make adjustments and hope they work. His decision making skills aren't the best. Go back to the last play of the game when he went out of bounds instead of throwing it into the end zone while the clock hits 0:00. Mind boggling what went through his head.

THEdonkey0515

I hope it's not true but if it is and Milton takes the reins we will have to make adjustments and hope they work. His decision making skills aren't the best. Go back to the last play of the game when he went out of bounds instead of throwing it into the end zone while the clock hits 0:00. Mind boggling what went through his head.
As crazy as that game was, one last lob pass to the end zone could have made it alot crazier

Spurhunter

Let's be honest about it, most people want Bailey because he's white.
I've seen some stupid posts on this sports forum, but this may top them all. Was anyone complaining about Hooker? Ever hear of Josh Dobbs, Tee Martin, or Condredge Holloway? People want to see bailey because Milton can't hit a wide open receiver and Bailey was supposed to be a great QB coming out of high school.

Rabbitkil

Dumb.

This fan base loved Josh Dobbs just a few years ago No one was wanting a white QB over him.

Everyone was perfectly fine with hooker once he took over.

Most people will want to see Bailey IF Milton cant get the job done....not because the color of his skin
I would have loved to see what dobbs could have done with the current coaching staff

Last edited:
Dobbs didn't practice well either but he played at a high level in the games. Bailey has only played in games with 2nd and 3rd string so his evaluation has not been tested with starters. I hope Milton does well but so far he has been very inaccurate.

PalsPal

Dobbs didn't practice well either but he played at a high level in the games. Bailey has only played in games with 2nd and 3rd string so his evaluation has not been tested with starters. I hope Milton does well but so far he has been very inaccurate.
I trust Heupel!
Man I love Heupel so far though.

Listening to his press conference, he makes no excuses yet he is getting all the tough questions on the officiating, ball spots, scoop and score(less)

Guy represents Tn well

I agree, but I do wish he had walked to midfield on some of the calls and demand an explanation. It would be worth the 15 yards.

PillsburyDoughboy

Hate to see any player taken out on any team by injuries . Sad day for him and possibly his playing career for sure

Latest posts