Hendon Hooker #5 pick to Seahawks?

PalsPal

Would love to see it!

5. Seattle Seahawks (from DEN),
Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

OK, this one might raise some eyebrows, but hear me out. I think Hooker is really under-scouted right now, largely because he's coming off the torn ACL in his left knee. But I love his strong arm and 6-3 frame. Before the injury, Hooker looked great for the Vols. He led the nation in yards per attempt (9.5), threw two interceptions over 11 starts and was a top-10 passer in terms of completion percentage (69.6%). I see a potential franchise quarterback and someone who can lead an offense. Go watch his performance against Alabama if you disagree.

The Seahawks recently re-signed Geno Smith, but this is an excellent opportunity to draft and develop Hooker while also letting him rehab the knee. Smith turns 33 this season, and his new contract offers Seattle various outs over the next three seasons.

THEdonkey0515

Hooker, Hyatt, and wright have all popped up in the first round in a lot of mocks.

I saw hooker mocked around 20th to the Vikings earlier this week.

PillsburyDoughboy

1st round??? Keep Dreaming guys. Aint gonna happen.

Let me remind you of this one fact that keeps popping up on most of the threads pertaining to his draft.

" Lastly, the explosive Tennessee offense he was a part of for the last few seasons might actually work against him in terms of draft stock. That's because Volunteers head coach Josh Heupel's fast paced, deep ball heavy aerial attack is designed to cause broken coverages within less experienced college secondaries. That type of approach on offense is rarely seen in the NFL, and it might lead to a difficult adjustment for Hooker. His tendency to tuck and run as soon as he gets into trouble in the pocket is also seen as a major flaw in his game. "

cbhunter

Let me remind you of this one fact that keeps popping up on most of the threads pertaining to his draft.

" Lastly, the explosive Tennessee offense he was a part of for the last few seasons might actually work against him in terms of draft stock. That's because Volunteers head coach Josh Heupel's fast paced, deep ball heavy aerial attack is designed to cause broken coverages within less experienced college secondaries. That type of approach on offense is rarely seen in the NFL, and it might lead to a difficult adjustment for Hooker. His tendency to tuck and run as soon as he gets into trouble in the pocket is also seen as a major flaw in his game. "
Anyone recall how many td's he threw against alabamas "less experienced secondary"?

volboy

First thing, I don't think that is Pals evaluation, but a pro scouts opinion that was quoted. Also, several have Wright projected in 1st round and some think Titans. Hyatt is late 1st round by some as well. Even though the vast majority of us are not pro scouts or all knowledgeable (even though some portray that they are) on pro football, we do have our own opinions and can express them freely on a message board.
My opinion Hooker and Hyatt in 2nd round, Wright 1st round .

Also for someone who dislikes The University of Tennessee so much and does not pay attention to NFL, unless it concerns Alabama players, it is odd that one would even view this thread, much less comment on it. Again, just my opinion.

Spurhunter

First thing, I don't think that is Pals evaluation, but a pro scouts opinion that was quoted. Also, several have Wright projected in 1st round and some think Titans. Hyatt is late 1st round by some as well. Even though the vast majority of us are not pro scouts or all knowledgeable (even though some portray that they are) on pro football, we do have our own opinions and can express them freely on a message board.
My opinion Hooker and Hyatt in 2nd round, Wright 1st round .

Also for someone who dislikes The University of Tennessee so much and does not pay attention to NFL, unless it concerns Alabama players, it is odd that one would even view this thread, much less comment on it. Again, just my opinion.
Very well stated. He can't help it. Trolls gotta troll.

Trey13

This is why you get made fun of. You get pleasure in being reminded of how stupid you really are.

PillsburyDoughboy

This is why you get made fun of. You get pleasure in being reminded of how stupid you really are.
The quote I quoted has been repeated all throughout the web by many sports analyst and sports experts far reaching beyond Tndeer. Its not rocket scientist work.

volboy

Also, what is your definition of "from a distance mainly"?
This thread title mentioned a NFL team name and didn't mention any tide player, yet you chime in. You obviously do a lot more of research on the NFL to review all of these "many sports analyst and sports experts far reaching beyond Tndeer" than you give yourself credit for.

"For the last time I do not watch the NFL. I do follow the NFL from a distance mainly to see how the kids from ALABAMA are playing and where they are going during the draft.I do take every chance to call out what a terrible job I think the NFL is doing and of course calling out how terrible I think the titans are as a team as a whole."

Spurhunter

So, since it appears you are not a rocket scientist, what are your predictions on the 3 UT players mentioned in this thread, Hooker, Wright and Hyatt.
I don't know what his predictions are, but I can tell you his hopes. He hopes they are not drafted at all, can't find a job, and have to live homeless on the streets. What was their unforgivable sin? They chose to go to school at the University of Tennessee. In his mind there is no greater crime.

PillsburyDoughboy

Also, what is your definition of "from a distance mainly"?
This thread title mentioned a NFL team name and didn't mention any tide player, yet you chime in. You obviously do a lot more of research on the NFL to review all of these "many sports analyst and sports experts far reaching beyond Tndeer" than you give yourself credit for.

"For the last time I do not watch the NFL. I do follow the NFL from a distance mainly to see how the kids from ALABAMA are playing and where they are going during the draft.I do take every chance to call out what a terrible job I think the NFL is doing and of course calling out how terrible I think the titans are as a team as a whole."
"mainly"

adverb. chiefly; principally; for the most part; in the main; to the greatest extent:

EXAMPLE:

I "mainly" eat at Sit down restaurants and at home. Does that mean I don't eat Fast Food "occasionally"?

volboy

"mainly"

adverb. chiefly; principally; for the most part; in the main; to the greatest extent:

EXAMPLE:

I "mainly" eat at Sit down restaurants and at home. Does that mean I don't eat Fast Food "occasionally"?
So basically you're a mainly a NFL closet fan then. I see.

Oh, by the way, who do you see the Cowboys taking with their round 6 compensatory pick (212) this year? You think it will be Hellams? As you probably know he was amomg one of the "less experienced college secondaries". Or do you think he will jump up a couple rounds since he was actually 1 of only 2 players that intercepted a Hooker pass in the 2022 season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230329-185957_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329-185957_Samsung Internet.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230329-190123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230329-190123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 36

JBell

Anything can happen on draft day. Remember when the giants jumped for Daniel jones???? They'd be better off doing it in March so they can at least blame it on the "madness " 😂

THEdonkey0515

I don't think he goes top 10. I do think it's very possible he goes late first early 2nd.

Hyatt will goes 2nd round, wright probably goes 1st round.

I do think Hooker can be as good as levis when all is said and done who has been constantly top 5/10 pick for 6 months.

Trey13

So basically you're a mainly a NFL closet fan then. I see.

Oh, by the way, who do you see the Cowboys taking with their round 6 compensatory pick (212) this year? You think it will be Hellams? As you probably know he was amomg one of the "less experienced college secondaries". Or do you think he will jump up a couple rounds since he was actually 1 of only 2 players that intercepted a Hooker pass in the 2022 season.
He is full of it if he thinks we believe he doesn't follow the nfl. This is why he gets made fun of daily. I'll wait for his idiotic response.

Trey13

I don't know what his predictions are, but I can tell you his hopes. He hopes they are not drafted at all, can't find a job, and have to live homeless on the streets. What was their unforgivable sin? They chose to go to school at the University of Tennessee. In his mind there is no greater crime.
While he sits in his $500,000 home (trailer)

Latest posts