Help! Need bolt action for Ruger M77 .308

Whitehorse

Let's just say that the bolt was damaged during some house cleaning, & I think it's going to be unsafe to use - even if I can get the gunk & crap off of it... Does anyone know of a place where I can get the darn bolt? Gun City wants me to bring it in for the gunsmith, & MidwayUSA doesn't have it that I can find on their site...

cdw338

If the bolt that came with the gun is unusable, you can not just buy another bolt and put it in and use it without it being fitted
to the gun. Head space will have to be checked along with the function of the new bolt.

Call Ruger and see if you can return it to them to be fixed.
At best you will need a gunsmith to check it out. Your old bold
may be useable.

Locksley

cdw338 said:
If the bolt that came with the gun is unusable, you can not just buy another bolt and put it in and use it without it being fitted
to the gun. Head space will have to be checked along with the function of the new bolt.

Call Ruger and see it you can return it to them to be fixed.
At best you will need a gunsmith to check it out. Your old bold
may be useable.

Call Ruger and see it you can return it to them to be fixed.

Tiny

The above or just take it to the Smith sounds like all it may need is a good cleaning and a check out.

waterdog360

What did you do to it cleaning a house? Those bolts are hardened stainless. Unless you used a thrashing machine to clean a house....??
If there is crap on the bolt clean it.
If you are real worried just sen it to Ruger. They stand by their product and unless you did some crazy mod will take care of the problem.

Latest posts