Hello from middle TN

HvacPro

Hey guys, New here, new to hunting. Im from the Middle tn/Mt. Juliet area. Excited to get into hunting. I have wanted to for years, just never been able to really get out and do it. Planning to try and get my first deer this season. Growing up no one in my family hunts nor does any of my friends. Just discovered this site, hoping to get some good information from here and share some once I learn it! Anyone from Mt, Juliet, hermitage area give me a shout.

Last edited:

HvacPro

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Any recommendations on where to start huntin Middle Tn area? More looking for meat than trophy, although I wouldn't mind both. I have three kids and we all like venison, figured it was time I start trying to fill the freezer.

TboneD

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Any recommendations on where to start huntin Middle Tn area? More looking for meat than trophy, although I wouldn't mind both. I have three kids and we all like venison, figured it was time I start trying to fill the freezer.
Welcome. I'd recommend going to the TWRA site and checking out where the WMA's are and how they all managed…quota vs. non-quota or open with state season. Priest WMA sure is a good place to start if you're not limited to hunting with a rifle. It's not all managed the same. Unit One only is open on certain days and only certain days after muzzleloader opens it's still bow only. Just realize where you are and stay safe. Probably no surprise it can get a lot of pressure, but there are a lot of deer.

trout

Welcome to the best social media site! There is a wealth of experience and great people in this forum. My advice is to prioritize hunting safety and secondly finding access points. HuntStand is a great app to find hunting areas and property lines. For an additional fee you get contact info for adjacent properties. Once you find access points consider stopping after sunset to talk with hunters leaving that area. Some people will happy to share experience.

HvacPro

Welcome to the best social media site! There is a wealth of experience and great people in this forum. My advice is to prioritize hunting safety and secondly finding access points. HuntStand is a great app to find hunting areas and property lines. For an additional fee you get contact info for adjacent properties. Once you find access points consider stopping after sunset to talk with hunters leaving that area. Some people will happy to share experience.
Thats a good thought that I've not thought of. I'll be honest, I'm kind of discouraged so far. Been out I think 5 times so far in the past few weeks and haven't really seen anything. One sit I seen two yearlings, another one seen a small doe but nothing in range. All public land, I know Its been warm though.