Hello Folks

Sitsbytree

I am fairly new to deer hunting in general. Oh I've been in the woods before but I've never killed a deer. I've probably only hunted "Deer" a dozen or so times over the past 30 years. So, I am just learning. This year, I'll be hunting with slugs from a 20ga shotgun, as my Savage 110 .25-06 is still at the gun smith having a Vortex scope mounted and bore sighted. I hope to get it back next week and sight in in at 100 yards. Hope, because my gunsmith is a great guy, but a bit slow. I'm hunting public land for now. I'm just trying to get out there. Mostly stand hunting from a ground blind, as I am not a fan of heights. Please bare with my Rookie questions.

Safari Hunt

Welcome! Pull up a stump and sit by the fire with the rest of us. This is a great place to learn so ask questions. For those of us who frequent the forums here, we all learn and share.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Be careful out there. Public land and a Ground blind can be a Hard Hunt. Deer tend to notice something new in the woods. Some camouflage netting and a tree that's blown over might give you a better chance. Good Hunting.

Latest posts