Heading north...

TRIGGER

Man I'm envious. I have a couple of buddies that go every year and they let me live vicariously through them by blowing my phone up with pictures while I'm working. 🤬
Good luck and stay safe. Let us know how you do.

tellico4x4

Never fished St Clair but use to fish Lake Vermillion a lot back in the mid 80's. Never saw another bass fisherman while there. Think I had the only fiberglass boat on lake 🤣. Stupid easy smallmouth fishing. Good luck & hope you have a great trip!!

TNReb

Just got back this evening.

All of the locals said the fishing was slow. We landed 187 in 3 days. The size of the fish was a little disappointing to me. We only had one over 4lbs. The biggest fish of the trip broke me off when he surged right at the boat. It was the only break-off I had the entire trip. I was bummed, because I got to see him and I believed he was over 5.

Lots of 2.25-2.75lb fish.

My buddy threw nothing but a drop shot every single cast, and he probably beat me 2:1. If I had committed to the drop shot, we probably could have been close to 250 fish. But… when almost every fish looks the same, it's just not exciting to me to sit there and drop shot. I was trying a lot of different stuff hoping to find something magical. I caught them on a tube, Carolina rig, jerk bait, spy bait, several different swim baits, spinnerbait, bladed jig, and ned rig. I'm probably forgetting something.

Overall it was a lot of fun. I'm not sure I'd want to fish like that all the time, but it was definitely cool. It's sad to think I that 50-60 fish a day was "slow".

I don't have many pictures - my buddy took most with his phone. Here's the average size fish we caught.

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2720.jpeg
    IMG_2720.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 78

Latest posts