Headed to LBL...maybe

Thunderchicken

Given the weather, looks like a bomb. Who knows, can't kill em from the couch. Any body know or heard about the deer movement? I'll be at piney and area 16...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volunteer1

We are still headed up as of now. We will be in area 14. Looks to be a wash out but not sure how much of one. I live in Knoxville and have been monitoring the weather online but still cant tell if its an all day wash out on Saturday and Sunday. I'm curious if it will be a heavy steady rain or on and light/drizzle/moderate.

scn

From hunting over there (Stewart Co, not on LBL) several times in the past couple of weeks, my opinion is that the "rut" in Stewart Co. is a week to 10 days behind the "normal" schedule this year. On our lease, it looked like it was just starting this past week. The deer I killed on Monday at 10am was "looking" and not chasing. Our club members finally saw and heard some chases on Wednesday.

So, you may be hitting it at a great time for LBL. With the full moon and the rut, it likely will be a good idea to be on stand in the 10-noon time period.

Good luck!

McClungmac

Sitting on couch debating to drive to southwest Stewart from Clarksville for an afternoon hunt. Haven't been seeing much action in the woods though last few days.

volunteer1

IS the weather forecast calling for heavy to moderate rain on Saturday? When is the rain supposed to move into the DOVER/LBL area?

Mossy Oak

I'll be in area 12. Weather is definitely not looking good. I went to Academy and bought one of those tree umbrellas. Hope the weather is not as bad as they're calling for.

volunteer1

Mossy Oak":3l7w6lr9 said:
I'll be in area 12. Weather is definitely not looking good. I went to Academy and bought one of those tree umbrellas. Hope the weather is not as bad as they're calling for.

Hey mossy oak..what time are they calling fro the rain to start rolling through? are we talking heavy down pours or drizzle for Saturday? Sunday looks like a wash out. I live in Knoxville so not getting the most accurate has yall around the area. Thanks

Mossy Oak

From everything I am reading, the rain is supposed to come in Friday evening and rain all day Saturday. It doesn't look like it will necessary be a hard rain but just a light continuous rain all day.

volunteer1

Thanks mossy oak. Still up in the air about making trip we are hunting area 14 . Traditionally hunted area 11 with success. Its a small haul to come from Knoxville to sit in the rain all day. I know Sunday will be probably a heavier down pour than Saturday. Dang the weather!

deerfever

Same here got area 15 just do not know about making the 4 hr drive to sit in the rain. I really enjoy LBL and was looking forward to it.

Headhunter

Hate to say it, we were there the first hunt and it was some of the best rut activity I have ever seen at LBL. Guys camped beside us killed them and I could have but passed. Everyone saw deer where we were and saw several bucks.

Solocam

Why put in for it if you are not gonna go. I'm sure a bunch of people would love to be there this weekend including myself.

Thunderchicken

Haha, I'm not on the fence Poser! I'm in the truck, headed up! Rain suit and a rifle, what else could I need!

volunteer1

We've gotten drawn two years in a row. That's never happened. We've been fortunate enough to take good bucks there over the Years. Lbl is a special place. Good luck!

TX300mag

Nice steady drizzle, a little more wind than I would like but it won't hurt anything. 1.75 mile walk in and got completely soaked, but after climbing and getting the umbrella set up I shouldn't get any wetter. Drew's a little further in and I imagine is just as soaked.
It's all good. :)

Latest posts