He got my heart rate up

JCDEERMAN

Got this deer Friday evening after Thanksgiving. We had been getting pics of him and two other good bucks on this farm in Jackson County. This is on a lease with my Father-in-law. One of the bucks got killed by a neighbor, this one and another one disappeared the last few weeks. There was a bench on the side of a steep hill that has been very productive in the past. We realized where we had been hunting this bench gave too much of an advantage to the deer. This evening I slipped up higher than I have in the past and was looking down toward it, as opposed to being below it and looking up. The wind swirls in this area to make it appear you are good while hunting below, but when you go up just a little, it blows right to that bench where it is too thick to see into (where we believe they bed). When you get above it about 60 yards everything goes up straight up the cut and you are good. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time - I was only sitting there for about 15 minutes and heard a deer walking that bench in between me and the other stand we had down below. I immediately knew what deer he was. Had a little brush I had to shoot through, but it met its mark and he crashed down the hill to a little clearing and only made it about 40 yards. Very thankful it worked out. Rut was in full swing in Jackson County. Saw tons of deer and tons of pestering/chasing/cruising. I have given up on our place in Hickman this year - EHD wiped us out last summer. 60% of the herd died, with what we believe 70-80% of the bucks. We have one mature buck on camera on 1 sq mile of land since July, and he hasn't been seen since the first week of November. It's going to take a couple years to bounce back.

big 9.png

big 9 II.png

big 9 III.png

After I shot, my Apple watch gave me an alert :p . Thought this was funny. It is why we do what we do.....

heart rate.jpg

JeepKuntry

Man that's a great buck. Jackson Co has some good deer. Off topic a bit but I am in the search for a lease. If you guys find yourself in a pickle and need 1 more please keep me in mind.

Latest posts