Harvest Report Data!

Flintlocksforme

It seems like the harvest would be higher with no fear of seeing the GW without a warrant on private land than it is. Maybe poachers don't tag birds or maybe GWs don't need to violate constitutional rights to protect wildlife.

catman529

Speaking of non-resident license revenue, why do you think they created an August deer hunt in TN ahead of all other states?

This was for the primary purpose of creating more non-resident big-game license sales.

But many buying a license for this August "velvet" hunt quickly figured out this same license also covers TN turkey hunting, and TN opens way earlier than their home state.

Could it be that the creation of the velvet hunt has as much to do with the influx of non-resident turkey hunters as any other factor?
Highly doubtful. The velvet hunt isn't even that popular compared to regular deer season. Most people I talk to don't want to fool with the 95 degree weather and bugs, and some don't even care for a buck with velvet antlers.

Buzzard Breath

Highly doubtful. The velvet hunt isn't even that popular compared to regular deer season. Most people I talk to don't want to fool with the 95 degree weather and bugs, and some don't even care for a buck with velvet antlers.
Most of the out of state turkey hunters that I talk to are more excited about coming here for the 3 does a day than anything.

catman529

Most of the out of state turkey hunters that I talk to are more excited about coming here for the 3 does a day than anything.
Well I have yet to see em during deer season....most of the crowd is from East TN, some locals, and a few nonresidents usually Alabama, no matter where I go in unit L.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Updated totals to date:

2022-26,300 killed with 4000 jakes (15%)
2022-29,200 killed with 2930 jakes (10%)

There has been a 10% drop in harvest and a 5% increase in the jake harvest.

Latest posts