Harvest numbers down

Dbllunger

At this time last year 20,469 deer had been checked in. This year it has been 15,279. That is a 25% decline statewide. Seems fairly significant to me.

In Wilson County where my lease is there has been a 30% decline. from 385 last year to 269 this year. I have tagged the same amount and seem to be seeing plenty of deer but don't know what is happening county or statewide. Anyone have any guesses??

TNReb

I was looking at the same thing earlier today.

Weakley County really stood out to me. I was surprised at how few had been killed there this year.

I was looking at that area in particular, and last year October had more days with a lower barometric pressure. Also, there were more days this year with winds out of the North. Last year in October winds were predominantly from the South and West.

However, I have a hard time believing barometric pressure or winds has made hunting that much harder - especially considering the number of young bucks and does that people kill. I'm guessing people simply haven't been hunting as much.

PillsburyDoughboy

Think of all those younger bucks breeding that havent been killed off thanks to the two buck rule and all the off springs they are going to produce.

Insurance rates gonna go up sharply with all the auto accidents next year. :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke: :tu: :tu: :tu: :super: :super: :super:

Buzzard Breath

tn droptine":1yql4qqz said:
Must be all those people passing on the younger bucks cuz of the two buck limit :stir:
Today versus this date 2014

Antlered deer harvest down 41%

Doe harvest down 12%

Button harvest down 31%

Antlerless buck harvest down 85%

Buck harvests are down way more than doe harvests.

Planking

Buzzard Breath":jzfobwu2 said:
tn droptine":jzfobwu2 said:
Must be all those people passing on the younger bucks cuz of the two buck limit :stir:
Today versus this date 2014

Antlered deer harvest down 41%

Doe harvest down 12%

Button harvest down 31%

Antlerless buck harvest down 85%

Buck harvests are down way more than doe harvests.
Wow

Prowler

Here locally the acorns are non existent which makes the deer more visible, they're not holed up bedding where they eat. They're hitting fields, plots, browse, etc. normally that means a higher kill, but I've talked to a lot of people that are passing up young bucks they would have never passed. Possibly resulting in the lower kill #'s ?

AP218

Montgomery county kill numbers up to this point in the season.

237 bucks
274 doe

142 bucks
267 doe

I would say the 2 buck limit is serving it's purpose.

redhunterZ71

Dont think it has a thing to do with 2 buck limit! Weather has just sucked the whole season so far. If it wasn't raining it was 80 degrees. Probably no body can afford license anymore either! Lol

Simpleman.2

redhunterZ71":1i8n6g8z said:
Dont think it has a thing to do with 2 buck limit! Weather has just sucked the whole season so far. If it wasn't raining it was 80 degrees. Probably no body can afford license anymore either! Lol
This. I know several people who can't afford to hunt this year.

Latest posts