Happy Hollow Hunt

SpurChaser

I got drawn for one of the Happy Hollow hunts coming up. Planning to camp for all four days. Anybody have some insight on the property? I live out east so boots on the ground scouting is out of the question until the day before the hunt opens. Thank yall!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I hunted it a few years ago and had one thundering pretty good in a holler off of the roost first morning. He circled around and came in behind me and I never got a shot. I never heard another turkey gobble the rest of my time there. Wear some boots to cover some ground. If you're from the east side you should be right at home. I'm originally from the Ozarks in Missouri and it felt right at home for me!

JCDEERMAN

I've never hunted it, but I've walked it just doing a little scouting for the following archery season. A lot of land that's fairly rough terrain, but not too bad. My one experience there was during the middle of the day, 85 degrees during muzzleloader season. I was way back in there and walked up on a guy laying on his belly, sniper style, with his gun up aiming at a 2" diameter rub 20 yards away. When I walked up, he said he was doing just that - just waiting on the buck that made the rub to come freshen up the rub.

All I said back was, "Best of luck, buddy" and kept walking 🤣😂🤣

No idea on the turkeys there. They are on the surrounding ag land, but not sure specifically on that piece. Take a look at the back side of it (north side) - there is some farm land near the border and turkeys may be roosted there up in the hills before they fly down into the farmland. Might be able to divert one of them

Spurhunter

My one experience there was during the middle of the day, 85 degrees during muzzleloader season. I was way back in there and walked up on a guy laying on his belly, sniper style, with his gun up aiming at a 2" diameter rub 20 yards away. When I walked up, he said he was doing just that - just waiting on the buck that made the rub to come freshen up the rub.
See? That is why I love TNDeer. I can always learn new ways to hunt that never occurred to me. Sure, that guy might've laid there for a month, but he probably got the buck "freshening up that rub."

th88

Never hunted it but have hunted private in the area. Bird numbers aren't great around there from my experience.

Good luck! 50 hunters on 2,000 acres, could get pretty western.
I've always wondered if it was supposed to be 5 and someone made a typo. By the time they caught it, they said "screw it, looks like enough folks are willing to risk it".

Bgoodman30

I've always wondered if it was supposed to be 5 and someone made a typo. By the time they caught it, they said "screw it, looks like enough folks are willing to risk it".
Overcrowding is TWRAs specialty…

Latest posts