handgun sights

walker

thinking about buying a new pistol it will be used for cow and possibly hunting some! it will be a Kimberly 10mm. not sure on whether to get fixed or adjustable sights! looking for suggestions from the tender family. anyone use fixed sights on a hunting rig?

Hunter 257W

If you reload fixed sights might be a more acceptable choice because you can just keep changing things until your pistol shoots to point of aim. That might get a bit pricey with factory ammo unless you just get lucky. I've got 2 almost identical Colt single action replicas in 45 Colt and one shoots right to the sights while the other shoots left probably 6 inches at 40 yards. I cast bullets so just tried another mold and got lucky enough that the 2nd bullet shot to point of aim in the one gun. Fixed sights are for sure more reliable as far as never changing with rough handling for a defensive gun - that's one thing to consider if you are going to carry the gun for self defense.

Oh yeah, I'd be careful shooting those cows. Might get you run out of the county! :shock: :tu:

walker

Thanks hunter! I do reload so it is a little bit cheaper to shoot the 10mm. I'm looking for a good cast bullet now! And yes the cow shooting is expensive! lol

Latest posts