Haley-Jaqueth WMA

northeasthunter

I hunted my private lease on saturday with no action at all so im turning to public land for turkey i guess. I have had good luck with Cheatham WMA in the past but Haley Jaqueth is a lot closer for me. I actually had a job close to there today so i went and checked it out. I didnt see much turkey sign but i did see 25-30 turkeys about 1/4 mile away as i was leaving. I think im gonna give it a go in the morning. Has anybody on here had any luck or experience there? Thanks

catman529

I've only been there around midday or afternoon, only 2 or 3 times, haven't gone early enough to find the roosting areas, seen a little turkey sign but not seen any turkeys while I was there. I think it has some potential though.

bass56

Killed one there opening day but since they started building the shooting area I have not seen birds there but twice in a couple months. I live 1 mile from there and drive by it daily. They usually move off after opening weekend because of pressure but they haven't really been there this year. Good luck hope you kill one if you go tomorrow.

Latest posts