Habitat improvement

I have been way behind on my habitat improvement project on my place. Mother nature and the Asians have given my efforts a huge boost in the past couple of years. Between the ice storm breaking tops out of trees and the Ash Boring Beetle, my woods had an unbelievable amount of undercover this past year and the benefits were very obvious via a huge increase in browse and cover. Much of my woods have been transformed as if I had logged it. Has anyone else benefited from this?

PickettSFHunter

I have ash trees down everywhere. With all of the snow lately that has helped them come down, I have to cut my way in my roads about every week. Our ice damage was limited to the tops of ridges. Yes lots of extra cover added by all this without me having to do it.

BSK

I have been way behind on my habitat improvement project on my place. Mother nature and the Asians have given my efforts a huge boost in the past couple of years. Between the ice storm breaking tops out of trees and the Ash Boring Beetle, my woods had an unbelievable amount of undercover this past year and the benefits were very obvious via a huge increase in browse and cover. Much of my woods have been transformed as if I had logged it. Has anyone else benefited from this?
I was aided dramatically by the hurricane remnants that moved up KY Lake in 2019. Lots of mature oaks down in patches. Lots of regrowth and cover.

megalomaniac

I'm close to you, and the icestorm absolutely whalloped the trees, stripping leg sized limbs and down. Lots more growth in the woods. The biggest benefit has been additional bedding cover for the deer, I already had enough food.