Habanero Mississippi Pot Roast

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
I've been wanting to try my own take on pot roast.

So I had some local pickled habaneros, fresh onions, and all the dry ingredients for ranch.

I do wish I was more patient on my browning of the meat - but this looks good. I used a garlic infused butter I made earlier in the week for it.

IMG_2168 2-min.png
IMG_2232-min.png

Let's see how it turns out.

WTM

i never brown a roast when using the recipe anymore. i do make a slurry of the au jous, ranch and vinegar then coat both sides. it cooks onto the meat and makes a nice brown crust.

i dont know if its the vinegar, but i have never had a roast that wasnt tender enough to almost melt in your mouth.

akachuck

Dude what time is dinner? That looks good. If I were you I'd a splash or 2 oh the habanero vinegar for a little liquid so it ain't so dry

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
how did you make your ranch?
  • tablespoon of dry buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon dried chives
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (also fresh onions under the bottom)
  • 3 fresh cloves garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon finely cracked pepper

I also threw a pinch of rosemary in just to help it, smell even better.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
So I made red mashed smashed potatoes, little bit of broccoli to round it out. I also made some gravy from the drippings. Really adds a lot of flavor to everything. When I tried it earlier, it had a good bit of heat. Next time only 1-2 habanero- it's a good heat.

Went ahead and portioned it out for the weekend and cleaned the kitchen. Hope the wife appreciates it.

40FE3672-C3E1-4C69-B1BE-E083D64D7663.jpeg

Latest posts