Guntersville guide

TRIGGER

Anyone have an experience with a guide on Guntersville? Going in a couple of weeks and am considering hiring a guide for a day. I went with a guide on KY lake a few years ago but it was not a good experience so I'm kinda hesitant but if someone has a good recommendation I may do it.

TNReb

I have fished with Mike Carter 3 or 4 times on Guntersville and once here on Old Hickory when he was in town for a weekend. Ran in to him on Guntersville last Sunday and talked for a couple minutes. Great guy. Laid back and easy to get along with. I would highly recommend him.

Just realize there are days when the fishing isn't good and it doesn't matter how good your guide is. First time I fished with Mike I caught two, and my dad never had a bite. Next time I went we caught around 25.

Wiley

I' live down here in Guntersville and although I have never used a guide, Mike Carter comes highly recommended. Early last year I booked a crappie trip with him but the weather turned real bad and we agreed to wait till another time. Then along came COVID...

TRIGGER

I have fished with Mike Carter 3 or 4 times on Guntersville and once here on Old Hickory when he was in town for a weekend. Ran in to him on Guntersville last Sunday and talked for a couple minutes. Great guy. Laid back and easy to get along with. I would highly recommend him.

Just realize there are days when the fishing isn't good and it doesn't matter how good your guide is. First time I fished with Mike I caught two, and my dad never had a bite. Next time I went we caught around 25.
No doubt about fishing being fishing but if you bass fish the same "hole" for 4 hours and not catch fish you need to move. The guide said"the sun is up is why there not biting. Didn't catch fish and didn't learn anything either. May have just been an off day in general for the guide but I wasn't impressed at all.

TNReb

No doubt about fishing being fishing but if you bass fish the same "hole" for 4 hours and not catch fish you need to move. The guide said"the sun is up is why there not biting. Didn't catch fish and didn't learn anything either. May have just been an off day in general for the guide but I wasn't impressed at all.
Oh I agree! I'd have been mad if that happened to me. First time I fished with Mike Carter was post spawn and it was a tough time. We fished about an hour on a few different spots and he immediately said this isn't going to work. We loaded the boat on the trailer and moved up the river a ways. He did not take that out of our fishing time. He tried to put us on fish... it was just one of those days...

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Oh I agree! I'd have been mad if that happened to me. First time I fished with Mike Carter was post spawn and it was a tough time. We fished about an hour on a few different spots and he immediately said this isn't going to work. We loaded the boat on the trailer and moved up the river a ways. He did not take that out of our fishing time. He tried to put us on fish... it was just one of those days...
Long as they try that is all you can ask.

Latest posts