Great phone message

Kyboy

Congrats on the hunt! Shaker town is a big wildlife refuge basically, I feel as long as the weather is right it should only take one morning hunt to kill out. I've hunted close to it several times and the turkeys seem to be just plumb dumb around it. As for what dates to go, I would say you could not go wrong with what ever dates you decide.

Displaced_Vol

Thank you all! Still on cloud nine. It has been years since I've turkey hunted out of state.

Even better, my wife has been working from home for many months, and hasn't been out of the county since early last fall. She is certainly feeling cabin fever. She is looking forward to seeing the Village while I hunt. She deserves the trip more than me.
She will enjoy it. Hopefully the restaurant is open and running because the food is excellent.
If you're able, make some visits to some of the distilleries. Even if you're not a bourbon drinker, or drinker period there are several that are worth the visit.

TheLBLman

Thank you all! Still on cloud nine. It has been years since I've turkey hunted out of state.

Even better, my wife has been working from home for many months, and hasn't been out of the county since early last fall. She is certainly feeling cabin fever. She is looking forward to seeing the Village while I hunt. She deserves the trip more than me.
Congratulations, Steve.
This should be a nice little vacation for the both of you.

IMO, Kentucky has a better-timed opening date for turkey than does TN.
We open too early in TN, KY's opening day is just about right.
Would really try to go on the opening weekend up there.

And, as an added bonus,
we won't have to compete with each other in Tennessee on the best weekend here ;)

Latest posts