Great day in the turkey woods

Chief44

My daughter and I had a great day. She is a very accomplished turkey hunter and we hunted hard over the weekend but just never made it happen. She attends college and doesn't have any classes on Tuesdays so I took off today to hunt with her. We were pretty excited to go this morning because we had pics of two gobblers in one of our plots late yesterday afternoon and knew they would be close. The morning started pretty slow however because the birds just didn't gobble on the roost. We heard one bird gobble one time and he was almost out of hearing. After a couple of hours we decided to make a move onto the neighboring farm. Mid morning we heard 2-3 different birds crank up. We finally got in position to work one of them and within 10 min of sitting down, she had him flopping. 19 lbs, 10.5" beard and 1 1/16 spurs. After lunch I decided to go back to where we had started this morning and after a little light calling one finally answered. He wasn't as quick to want to die as hers was but I finally made it happen. 22 lbs, 11" beard and 1 1/8 spurs. Both killed with Remington 870 compacts shooting #9 TSS.

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    592.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0055.jpeg
    724.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 13

Huntaholic

THATS what its all about! I remember once, years ago, when my kids were about her age and still living at home, that we had 4 dead birds in the yard for pics one morning! I killed, they both killed, and a buddy hunting with me killed. Those were the good old days! Enjoy them because you are living them right now!