Got the trees in the ground

tn droptine

Posted earlier in the year that I was ordering some trees from Chestnut Hill Tree Farm. Well while I was back in the states these past few months I got them delivered and in the ground. All together I ended up planting 10 Dunstan Chestnuts, 3 Female grafted Persimmons, 5 Crabapple, and a Gala apple that I picked up at Lowes on sale. Tree tubes around all except the Gala, which I planted inside some chicken wire. Looking forward to seeing the growth over the years - planting trees can become as addictive as food plots I've found!

Hunter 257W

Yeah and trees don't have to be planted every year over and over! I planted a bunch of fruit and oak trees Jan 2011 and am seeing good growth. Looking forward to the next few years as they hopefully actually start to produce fruit and a little later when the oaks begin to drop a few acorns. You did the right thing using tubes to promote growth. Annual fertilize and pruning are two additional important details. I planted a lot of trees before the ones mentioned above without doing anything but digging a hole and dropping them in the dirt and those trees aren't even close to size of the younger properly cared for trees in tubes.

buckaroo

I've been planting thousands of trees over the last 12 yrs. every year I say I'm done, just ordered 10 apple trees lol, I must be crazy

Latest posts