Got the monkey off my back

batten_down

No better feeling than putting some fine meals together from a deer. Just tastes better knowing all the effort it takes to make it happen. Sometimes more than others. Sounds like you put your time in and earned this one. He'll eat good. Good for you 👍🏻

RockMcL

I usually let small bucks pass and take does for my meat, but I got skunked last year doing that. And so far this year it's been rough too. I've only seen 2 since we started in Juvi and I've hunted everyday of muzzy so far. Finally had a small buck come in calm today and with only two small packs of meat left in the freezer I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It's nice to have that stress lifted off my shoulders.
Congratulations should be a good eater...

Cheshire

I usually let small bucks pass and take does for my meat, but I got skunked last year doing that. And so far this year it's been rough too. I've only seen 2 since we started in Juvi and I've hunted everyday of muzzy so far. Finally had a small buck come in calm today and with only two small packs of meat left in the freezer I went ahead and pulled the trigger. It's nice to have that stress lifted off my shoulders.
Nothing wrong with that. I like getting some meat in the freezer, then some antlers if I can

Latest posts