Got out for a few Saturday

Hunt2Live

Nice. We got out yesterday as well. We just found a few shot round balls. My good spot is starting to dry up lol.

Crow Terminator

Minelab GPX 4500 and a Nokta Fors Relic.

I mostly use the GPX but when I am scouting for a new site or the site has a lot of iron, I will break out the other machine. It is more of a run and gun style machine vs the GPX where it just cleans a site dry.

Crow Terminator

The GPXs have came down a lot in price. You can find new GPXs for around $1,800 or so through a dealer. That's really not all that bad considering they were $5,000 just a couple years ago. They were selling them like hot cakes due to a gold rush that hit Africa several years ago. They couldn't keep up with the demand for them. Then the gold rush kind of dwindled and they just kept producing units...til they were flooded with too much supply. They had to start moving them somehow so they greatly reduced the price of them. $1,800 is still steep but almost every detectorist I know has at least 4 detectors and each one costs $600 or more. I weeded out a few machines and have my arsenal reduced to just two units now...that GPX and the Fors Relic. Although I'm getting ready to buy a Whites MX Sport just to try it out. If I like it better than the Relic I will sell the Relic and keep the Sport.

Latest posts