Sold/Expired Good Ol' Beater Car

Nimrod777

Going to be moving along a '98 Eagle Talon that was my daughter's first and only car for about 13 years. It's a 5-speed, has dents, dings and sunworn paint, but still runs well and is a blast to drive. MPG is up north of 30. The housing that goes around the side mirror adjustment toggles is gone, but toggles still work. A/C still works, though the fan is noisy. Nice CD stereo, not Bluetooth. Has 199,600 miles. Tires decent.

$950 buys this one. Great first ride for a kid who's man (or girl) enough to handle a stick!

Attachments

• IMG_2968[1].JPG
    IMG_2968[1].JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2970[1].JPG
    IMG_2970[1].JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 128

MoonBuzzard

Going to be moving along a '98 Eagle Talon that was my daughter's first and only car for about 13 years. It's a 5-speed, has dents, dings and sunworn paint, but still runs well and is a blast to drive. MPG is up north of 30. The housing that goes around the side mirror adjustment toggles is gone, but toggles still work. A/C still works, though the fan is noisy. Nice CD stereo, not Bluetooth. Has 199,600 miles. Tires decent.

$950 buys this one. Great first ride for a kid who's man (or girl) enough to handle a stick!
this is the non turbo FWD model I presume ?

Nimrod777

Exactly what I was going to say, BMan. Both my kids learned and took their driver's tests in stick shifts. My son had a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and the Eagle Talon is simply the Eclipse with AMC's fingerprints on it.

Insofar as I know, yes, this is the non-turbo FWD version.

I just drove to lunch with the windows down and my daughter's old mix CD with "We Will Rock You" blasting. With these temps and driving stick, it feels just like I'm out early from a day of high school :D

I've done Chattanooga often enough, just not sure how I'd get back! If anyone is interested enough I'm happy to do a Facetime or Zoom tour of the car.

19_A_CPT

If i didn't have too many vehicles already, i would be all over it. I had one as my first car. It was a 2.0L DOHC 5 speed. blast to drive!

Latest posts