Good Morning

Mike Belt

...but no deer came home with me. Right off the bat I had a borderline shooter (125" give or take an inch) walk by at 20 yards. Tempting but he got a free pass. Then I had a 6 pointer cross a hollow below me. Then I had a doe drop down the ridge out of the pines with a 7, 6, and a couple of 4 pointers on her tail. That was the morning. Probably back at it in the morning.

Crosshairy

I was hoping to have a trip like that with my co-worker, who has never killed a deer. We went to a friends land in Hardeman County. I was in the woods, and he was on a food plot. We never saw a deer! Pretty discouraging on a day like today with such great weather.

I'm glad you had a good one. Something to be said for getting on a quality lease!

Mike Belt

Andy....Hunting right behind where you had your camera. There are quite a few rubs on 9-10" trees in that narrow bottom running north and south. The bucks were running that hollow.

TCounty Hunter

Had one of my best mornings yesterday, didnt go today. 3 bucks, 6 does. Bucks were chasing the does hard. Just didnt see one I wanted, should have took a doe, I need some meat. And I had to leave at 9AM for a Christmas party so who knows what I missed out on.

Latest posts