Good day, bad day.

Big Gun

I hooked up with a few folks today to ride Crowleys Ridge. We, (about 45 folks) met at the visitors center on Riverside Dr. in lovely crime free downtown Memphis and set out on our journey. We headed towards Arkansas and made our way to Forest City then along Crowley's Ridge up to Wynne, Ar. After lunch, we headed on up the ridge towards Joneboro, Ar. that's where it went bad. I came around a curve and saw people hitting thier brakes and I could see some people laying in the road. A guy and his wife lost it in a curve and went down pretty hard from what I hear. The wife got airlifted back to the Med with a possible broken left ankle, collarbone and ribs. She was having some difficulty breathing is why they decided to fly her out. Her husband, had lots of road rash and I think I heard someone say he may have had a broken collar bone too. That definately put a somber mood to what had been a beautiful, although very windy ride.
After we left the scene, we headed on to Joneboro and back home. I ended up getting in about 230 miles.
Now, I just have to find out how they're doing.

Big Gun

Update on the riders.
The man is home with a broken collar bone, his wife is still at the Med with multiple rib fractures, a chipped ankle, and stitches in her hand. Not as bad as originally thought.

Squiggs

Good to hear they're doing okay...
Did you ride the organized "Ride the Ridge" poker run? I did that two years ago with a group of friends, and really enjoyed it. Good scenery, but you do have to concentrate on the road!

Latest posts