Going tomorrow

scn

Ended up with 27 crappie in the box.
Caught 14 bream but only 4 keepers.
Good day.
View attachment 221801
I'm finding it hard to type through tears. Today has seemed like sleep walking through the ultimate bad dream.

A couple of weeks ago a customer came in the fly shop looking for the materials to tie up a special crappie fly. He showed me some huge crappie he had been catching on those flies, so I got some materials as well. I tied up several for Daniel. It went through the normal Memphrica delay, but he called me one day last week to thank me after they finally came in. He promised to give one a try when he got a chance to go.

I really hope at least one of those swimming in this special picture came from one of those flies. And, I hope he got to eat it on Saturday night. Our friend sure did love to eat the fish he caught! Missing him doesn't even start to address how much he meant to me.

TheLBLman

I really hope at least one of those swimming in this special picture came from one of those flies. And, I hope he got to eat it on Saturday night. Our friend sure did love to eat the fish he caught!
I cannot imagine that Daniel didn't catch most of them on your flies.
Cannot imagine he didn't eat fresh fried fish then Saturday night.

He was a master fish cooker.
Need to look up some of his batter recipes.

And wish you and I could have gotten over to Gooches before duck season ended.
I'd say Daniel would have cooked us up a fine breakfast in the duck blind.
A true outdoor chef he was.

cbhunter

I'd say Daniel would have cooked us up a fine breakfast in the duck blind.
A true outdoor chef he was.
Man people just don't understand how true that is. Well…..some do obviously.
That man could cook anything and it was a treat . Speaking of gooch and cooking. Here is a picture of some Filet Mignon's he cooked in the blind a few years back at Gooch

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4

Gravey

Man people just don't understand how true that is. Well…..some do obviously.
That man could cook anything and it was a treat . Speaking of gooch and cooking. Here is a picture of some Filet Mignon's he cooked in the blind a few years back at Gooch
When I duck hunted Reelfoot with y'all in January 2022 unfortunately I didn't take a group pic but did have this sauce pic with him in the background in a shirt with sleeves. 😂 Seems like he had cooked steaks then too.
IMG_6231.jpeg

cbhunter

When I duck hunted Reelfoot with y'all in January 2022 unfortunately I didn't take a group pic but did have this sauce pic with him in the background in a shirt with sleeves. 😂 Seems like he had cooked steaks then too.
View attachment 222224
You can bet your rear end that he cooked some steaks!

Not the best pics but it's what I've got

Attachments

• IMG_2976.jpeg
    IMG_2976.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2978.jpeg
    IMG_2978.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts