Glysophate rates

Chaneylake

gly-4 rate is 3.2 ounces per gallon of water, make sure the gly-4 that you are using has a surfactant in it, most brands do but you need to check to be on the safe side, the generic roundup[gly-4] is selling for around $11.00 per gallon in my area

the recommended rate per acre is 32 ounces in 10 gallons water

DWM

Never cut corners on the rate. If too low a rate is used it will create resistant weeds that create a bigger problem.

Truedouble

We've always used 3 oz. per gallon and around 15 gallons of spray per acre. Don't know what I was thinking...sprayed yesterday and used almost 5 oz. per gallon. Was spraying fescue so the extra glysophate probably will go to good use.

Where can you buy for $11 per gallon? Pretty good price

Quailman

Bucket said:
How much surfactant per gallon is recommended?

The typical rate on surfactant is 1 quart per 100 gallons of mix (water/herbicide) and MSO (crop oil) is normally 1 pint per acre. Rates can vary slighthly, but that is what I normally use. Fortunately, most Glyphosate products already have surfactant included.

Football Hunter

Quailman said:
Bucket said:

The typical rate on surfactant is 1 quart per 100 gallons of mix (water/herbicide) and MSO (crop oil) is normally 1 pint per acre. Rates can vary slighthly, but that is what I normally use. Fortunately, most Glyphosate products already have surfactant included.
1 quart per hundred gallons?
Your right,good thing most gly mixes have it,thats not much in a 15 gallon sprayer

Quailman

Football Hunter said:
Quailman said:
Bucket said:

1 quart per hundred gallons?
Your right,good thing most gly mixes have it,thats not much in a 15 gallon sprayer

Yep, you only need about 5-6 ounces for your 15 gallon sprayer. I have a 30 gallon ATV sprayer and add about 10-12 ounces of surfactant per tank.

Truedouble

Yea, I've always squirted some detergent for 3-4 seconds which is probably 5-6 oz. It does make cleaning the tank out a pain in the rear.

By the way, do some brands of gly. last longer than others. My brother paid $70 for 2.5 gallons but was told it would last 2-3 years where others only have a year shelf life. It's really not relevant considering we typically use it all before the end of the year, but it just didn't make sense and wanted to know if that was true.

Latest posts