Getting any planting done?

brass magnet

Got out one row of onions, some lettuce, carrots ,and radishes, going for tomatoes to re-pot to get bigger ,collards ,prolly cabbage, and broccoli and more onions tomorrow . :tu:

Forvols

Hopefully sunday I can put out some bunch onions and Wala wala. Probably some radish too wife loves them and quick to come up. Myabe more carrots, love em Im on a cooked stir fried carrot kick with some soy sauce, beef stock, black pepper and garlic. Then they real easy to freeze/can too

DaveB

I love radishes.

Use to carry my own salt shaker and after saving some tomato's from green bugs and checking on the growth of radishes by pulling a few or more, I'd relax on a hillside with the sun shining down, fill my belly button with salt and proceed to munch on tomato and radish.

Save some for me fellows.

WTM

not yet been too wet. was hoping to get out cool season stuff last month but didnt get around to it. might sow some lettuce, onions, radishes and maybe a late crop of potatoes. my oat and winter pea cover crop didnt winter kill so im waiting on it to dough stage before crimping and planting warm season crops into it.

MickThompson

WTM, maybe you mentioned it last fall when we were talking cover crops, but how do you intend to crimp? Right now I'm thinking I will just drag a log back and forth over it. The deer ate almost all of the turnip bulbs out of mine over the winter. Glad I put down wheat at the same time.

db008e98f561f5acf70c81fa08224392.jpg

The covers did a great job of suppressing the winter weeds. The thin spots are covered in henbit and chickweed.

c5dc0a384fc455ce62d7dc007d2b7ad3.jpg

I just found my first blooms on the crimson clover. It won't be long now.

WTM

looks good mick. my oats are about waist high. im gonna make a simple crimper out of a 3 ft 2x4 and attach to the bottom a piece of 1/2" angle iron(edge facing down). then drill 2 holes on each side and attach a rope loop. then ill use it like those idiots that do those crop circle gags. i figure ill step on it then move it every 8 inches. shouldnt take too long and should get a good enough crip to kill it.

MickThompson

Yours are rocking. My wheat is maybe 12"-15" tall right now. Next week should give them another good boost too. I just wish I had more turnips left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTM

Forvols":27qxdwdw said:
I think my taters have drowned..dug a trench and put the sets in a few weeks ago..but all this rain is 3 inches deep in the trench. only have like 2 plants poking up.

they may have rotted. for my type of soil i use the mulch method and sometimes the container method and always cut the seed pieces a couple of days ahead of planting them. they may spring back after the water drains but its getting late in the year to make a crop.

Forvols

WTM":yzwycvpf said:
Forvols":yzwycvpf said:
I think my taters have drowned..dug a trench and put the sets in a few weeks ago..but all this rain is 3 inches deep in the trench. only have like 2 plants poking up.

they may have rotted. for my type of soil i use the mulch method and sometimes the container method and always cut the seed pieces a couple of days ahead of planting them. they may spring back after the water drains but its getting late in the year to make a crop.

I did cut the seed pieces a couple of days before planting they were scaled over good at the cuts. I tried to make sure I had at least 2 eyes on each piece and planted eyes up. We will see next few days here should dry it out.

Latest posts