Gerber 3 knife set at Sam’s Club for $14.41

Smells Like Sulfur

Gerber makes great quality budget knives. I keep a couple of ones like that in my car and go bags, I don't have to worry about losing or breaking one.

They also have (or at least had) good customer service, and will send you replacement parts usually free of charge if the knife had some sort of defect.

backyardtndeer

Can't imagine there is any quality steel in a knife set that cheap.
Seems like a " use it once and resharpen" type of knife to me.
I can't stand a knife that won't take and hold an edge
I have a set of these, and I have used one of them inside the cavity of a couple deer. Still very sharp. Keep one in the truck just to have and have only used it a few times. Haven't used the other.

Antler Daddy

I found at least 100 of these today at Sams near Atlanta. I got 5, 2 of the Gerber leatherman type multi tools for 11 each and an extra walkers razor ear protection with microphones for 21. Tempted to get more to cover birthdays and dirty santa gifts. I will save money next holiday. 🤑

They had a bunch of the stealth cell cams for $40 too. I just don't need them or know how good they are. I probably should get 4 or 5 of those too depending on plan.

backyardtndeer

They had a bunch of the stealth cell cams for $40 too. I just don't need them or know how good they are. I probably should get 4 or 5 of those too depending on plan.
If those stealth cams were the sonix model, they work pretty well, and that is a good deal. I have had mine for 2 seasons now. I haven't seen any at the Jackson store since shortly after season opened.

Antler Daddy

Sonix

Attachments

• IMG_7516.jpeg
    IMG_7516.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 7

Smells Like Sulfur

You have a link ?
These dip under $10 periodically depending on the color.

Morakniv Craftline Basic 511 High Carbon Steel Fixed Blade Utility Knife and Combi-Sheath, 3.6-Inch Blade https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2ISF1D?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_K5Q44F0GYHGSZFYDVPKF&language=en-US

They also come in stainless, both are great steels, but the high carbon tends to rust unless you patina it very quickly.

The Mora Companion is my EDC belt knife. I got mine for $12 on sale, but they normally run about $15 to $20. Just check every few days, there's usually a random color that's on sale. It's cheap enough that I don't feel bad about abusing or losing it, but it's good quality enough that I don't worry about it breaking either.

Morakniv Companion Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife with Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade, 4.1-Inch, Orange (M-11824) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EOJAKI?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_W7QPD31AAYFDDA1V3GMD&language=en-US

Morakniv also makes some higher quality "bushcraft" type knives. I don't own any of them personally, but I've been told they are very good for what they cost.

Although it says otherwise, I am not an Amazon affiliate or associate.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Gravey

Morakniv. You can get them on sale on Amazon for under $10. Thank me later.
I've got one and it does great. Just be sure to clean and oil it as soon as you're done with it or the blade will turn. I used some 000 sandpaper to get a lot off but still visible.

Latest posts