Gators only SEC team not favored in it's bowl game!

baddnole

Possible because the Gators were 5 plays from being 5-7. - 7 point win over ECU, and the difference was an INT return TD.

- 5 point win over Kentucky where the Wildcats were one play away from winning for the entire final 10 minutes of the game.

- 1 point win over Tennessee. The Vols missed the game-winning field goal by six inches.

- 2 point win over Vanderbilt. The gators terrible FG kicker miraculously makes a 43 yard game-winning FG.

- 6 point win in OT over FAU. The gators needed an end zone pass breakup to survive the Owls.

That's five plays away from a 5-7 football team. And this doesn't even include their miserable performance at Mizzou where their offense scored 13 points, or the S.Carolina game where they led just 17-14 with 2 minutes left, or the UGA game where the Dawg QB literally made the only start of his career.

Honestly it's not crazy to say this gator team wasn't much better than the 4-8ers. And unlike the 4-8ers, this gator team was relatively healthy.

Don't buy into the McElwain hype. He's not proven anything. :tu:Definitely much closer to a 5-7 team than the 10-3 they turned out. If it wasn't for their defense, it could have been horrendous. Was a lot of smoke and mirrors this year. How they throttled Ole Miss I will never know. But they are nowhere near as good as they are trying to portray. :tu:

Mudbone

baddnole":3s94sazu said:
Possible because the Gators were 5 plays from being 5-7. - 7 point win over ECU, and the difference was an INT return TD.

- 5 point win over Kentucky where the Wildcats were one play away from winning for the entire final 10 minutes of the game.

- 1 point win over Tennessee. The Vols missed the game-winning field goal by six inches.

- 2 point win over Vanderbilt. The gators terrible FG kicker miraculously makes a 43 yard game-winning FG.

- 6 point win in OT over FAU. The gators needed an end zone pass breakup to survive the Owls.

That's five plays away from a 5-7 football team. And this doesn't even include their miserable performance at Mizzou where their offense scored 13 points, or the S.Carolina game where they led just 17-14 with 2 minutes left, or the UGA game where the Dawg QB literally made the only start of his career.

Honestly it's not crazy to say this gator team wasn't much better than the 4-8ers. And unlike the 4-8ers, this gator team was relatively healthy.

Don't buy into the McElwain hype. He's not proven anything. :tu:Definitely much closer to a 5-7 team than the 10-3 they turned out. If it wasn't for their defense, it could have been horrendous. Was a lot of smoke and mirrors this year. How they throttled Ole Miss I will never know. But they are nowhere near as good as they are trying to portray. :tu:
vermin? That you? Lol
The one point win over Tennessee, the same Tennessee that is four plays away from being in the playoffs?
Kentucky and Vanderbilt both have given good teams tough ball games. Maybe the teams you mentioned are better than their records show?
A win is a win wether it is fancy or ugly. W's are the only thing that matter. If fsu or UT had won every game on their schedules by one point on a miracle in overtime, I don't think you'd be saying they are nowhere near as good as they portray. How's that old saying go, "rather be lucky than good"?

baddnole

The post was ,why are the Gators not favored by the pros in Vegas. The Gators body of work shows why.A question was asked and answered to the best of my knowledge. That's what it is all about mudbone. Nope not Vermin.Never heard any reason from me why FSU has 2 losses. No wind,no rain,bad play and taking the other team lightly,and yes FSU is favored. :tu:

Vermin93

The real Vermin93 is right here.

"...On the other hand Notre Dame with all their injuries, maybe as many as anybody but TCU in the country, they end up losing on the last play because they can't get in the endzone against Clemson in the rain on the road, and losing on the last play to Stanford on a last second field goal, so these are two really good football teams with a couple of breaks they could be 1 and 2 today."

- Mack Brown commenting on the ND vs tOSU matchup in the Fiesta Bowl

By the way, I don't like most of these SEC bowl matchups. Games like LSU vs Texas Tech look to be part of a plot to make the SEC look better than it really is. I'm not falling for it. :smash:

Spurhunter

Vermin93":2tcg2020 said:
By the way, I don't like most of these SEC bowl matchups. Games like LSU vs Texas Tech look to be part of a plot to make the SEC look better than it really is. I'm not falling for it. :smash:

you crack me up with your SEC conspiracy theories. :rotf:

I don't think the NCAA, the bowl selection committee, and everyone involved in college athletics benefits from the SEC looking good. :rotf:

gator-n-buck

Yep, teams that go to better bowls normally play better competition. Of course with bowl games, the better team doesn't always win considering that most of these teams haven't played in a month at that point.... :)

Mudbone

Vermin93":3k3tzw9k said:
The real Vermin93 is right here.

"...On the other hand Notre Dame with all their injuries, maybe as many as anybody but TCU in the country, they end up losing on the last play because they can't get in the endzone against Clemson in the rain on the road, and losing on the last play to Stanford on a last second field goal, so these are two really good football teams with a couple of breaks they could be 1 and 2 today."

- Mack Brown commenting on the ND vs tOSU matchup in the Fiesta Bowl

I thought this thread wass supposed to be about the Florida Gators and the SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE. (The best conference in all college athletics and more than likely the champs of the 2015 ncaa football season). Not how the Irish actually won at Clemson and are #1 because it was an away game at night in the rain. You could start another one explaining that. It's always entertaining.

gator-n-buck

Hillbilly Hunter":2ha3f8g6 said:
gator-n-buck":2ha3f8g6 said:
Wrangler95":2ha3f8g6 said:
Waitin on gator :pop:

Here is another prediction on SEC Bowl game winners!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2597 ... ame/page/2

You always seem to be waiting on me..... I guess you like to get the real scoop because I tell you every year who's going to win the UT vs UF game.... :rotf:
Dang it Wrangler, don't make it so easy for GNB.

He's an underhanded pitcher.... :)

mtn cur

Dw9qu.gif

Wrangler95

Well,I'll say this,Tennessee is playing the 13th ranked team in the nation,Tennessee is ranked 23rd and the Vols are a 7 point favorite.This shows what the odds makers know,Tennessee was so close to being in the four team playoff and the Gators were so close to being 5-7

smalljawbasser

im not trying to talk smack to the gators here, but they really do look like the worst 10 win team in football history. I am literally ashamed that we lost that game, and not because it was Florida. They are literally inept on offense (even with Greir) and we let them convert all those 4th downs. I doubt I'll ever forget it.

gator-n-buck

Wrangler95":2cshpbwr said:
Well,I'll say this,Tennessee is playing the 13th ranked team in the nation,Tennessee is ranked 23rd and the Vols are a 7 point favorite.This shows what the odds makers know,Tennessee was so close to being in the four team playoff and the Gators were so close to being 5-7

I will teach you guys something about your opponent. NW is lucky not to be 7-5. Won several close games to weak opponents. Also UT fans are mad that UF got voted into the Citrus Bowl vs the Outback Bowl.... :)

This reminds me of the talk before the season how UT would beat UF..... :)
Nothing new..... :tu:

Wrangler95

gator-n-buck":2a0q7cbn said:
Wrangler95":2a0q7cbn said:

I will teach you guys something about your opponent. NW is lucky not to be 7-5. Won several close games to weak opponents. Also UT fans are mad that UF got voted into the Citrus Bowl vs the Outback Bowl.... :)

Northwestern beat Stanford and Florida almost lost to Florida Atlantic :rotf:

gator-n-buck

Wrangler95":bg0l6d71 said:
gator-n-buck":bg0l6d71 said:
Wrangler95":bg0l6d71 said:

Northwestern beat Stanford and Florida almost lost to Florida Atlantic :rotf:

Another underhand pitch... :)

But UF beat UT..... :tu:

BamaProud

Stop it with the If XX team got a different call from a ref, or if a Field Goal was 3 inches to the right or a penalty was called, or if it wasn't raining etc... Nearly every team in the nation is just a couple of plays, or a questionable call, or a penalty etc...away from having 2 additional wins or 2 additional loses. That's just how a season full of games works.