Gas?

TRIGGER

As others have stated, non ethanol only. Where do you go to find out if a motor ECU can be flashed? Wondering if my 2021 SHO 150 can be…not sure how it would make a difference it already runs at 6000 ROM WOT. I'd have to change the prop I guess??
Your 2021 sho can be flashed. Just asked the guy that's doing mine (Dave at Anderson marine). They have or are getting the software soon to do them in house.

bluball

And my 17.5 foot aluminum boat with a 150 merc tops out at 45 mph. Your boat is longer and heavier than mine but runs faster. That is a result of hull design or prop size.
Think your missing the point of flashing a yamaha sho.They say a 200-300hp has the same block pistons,etc,but computers are flashed differently to there appreciate hp ratings at the factory.126hp difference on the same hull is gonna be faster.They say a 200hp flashed to a 326hp is cheaper than buying a 300hp.Some of these guys that are flashing them are yamaha repair centers and it doesn't affect warranty as long as they handle any issues.

TRIGGER

Think your missing the point of flashing a yamaha sho.They say a 200-300hp has the same block pistons,etc,but computers are flashed differently to there appreciate hp ratings at the factory.126hp difference on the same hull is gonna be faster.They say a 200hp flashed to a 326hp is cheaper than buying a 300hp.Some of these guys that are flashing them are yamaha repair centers and it doesn't affect warranty as long as they handle any issues.
Also my boat is only rated for a 225 so if I stay with the 225 and flash it to a 300 it's still a 225 to the insurance company

bluball

Also my boat is only rated for a 225 so if I stay with the 225 and flash it to a 300 it's still a 225 to the insurance company
Local guy had a mercury 250r and insurance canceled him because he had some claims.He called around no one would insurance him.Finally onetold him they would insure him if he had a 200hp motor on his boat.He got the 200 and had it flashed to a 326 and has insurance now.

redblood

Lots,a customer has a 520vx ranger and is running 75mph with a 200 yamaha sho.Its not when broke in yet,will probably run alittle faster.They say the torque out of the hole is amazing.
Hes gonna beat me too the brushpile for sure. I dont care if my boat would do 80, i still wouldnt drive it over 40 lol.

Spurhunter

I agree. Anything above about 45 in my G3 1910 is close to white knuckle. 60 is butt puckering running up and down the Hiwassee river.
You have a jackplate on it? That will really tame the handling on a boat. You can literally drive my 19 foot Xpress 60+ mph with 2 fingers on the wheel. I wish it was looser. It's so tame it's boring. My buddy and I used to have identical Triton Magnums. Mine had a jackplate and his didn't. His boat was almost a handful and mine was boring. And mine was faster.

FLTENNHUNTER1

You have a jackplate on it? That will really tame the handling on a boat. You can literally drive my 19 foot Xpress 60+ mph with 2 fingers on the wheel. I wish it was looser. It's so tame it's boring. My buddy and I used to have identical Triton Magnums. Mine had a jackplate and his didn't. His boat was almost a handful and mine was boring. And mine was faster.
No it does not.

Latest posts