Garden Troubles?

Dodge Man

Is anybody having trouble getting there garden started this year over other years? We have had a garden in the same place for the past who knows how many years. My grandfather started this garden I know 40 or 50 years ago and i have helped with it seance I could walk. I have never had so much trouble getting stuff to grow here.

All the tomato plants we have planted this year have died and had to be replaced and some of the new ones have died. So far some of the pepper plants look like they might not make it. The green bean plants are being eaten up by some kind of bugs and look like swiss cheese, and the squash plants are only 6 to 8 inches tall and already have squash bugs all over them.

I am about ready to give up, now we have no rain in the forcast and the temps at 95 and I am going to end up spending so much money watering the stuff in the garden that it will cost more to grow it then it would to go the Walmart and buy the stuff.

Dodge Man

I think like others I am behind about 3 or 4 weeks getting stuff in the ground. I would have liked to had stuff in earlier but we had or tractor at our hunting lease for a few weeks and I was not able to disk up the garden. Then all the big storms hit and it was either too wet or I was spending my time cutting up trees and hauling off limbs and stuff.

Also part of my problem was my garden is on the edge of the rest of our 80 ac that was planted in Soybeans and the farmer sprayed weed killer to kill the grass about the time I got half my stuff to come up or planted so I think that is my problem with the tomatoes.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Don't worry about it too much . A wet cool spring has slowed everyone down.REplant lay down a soaker hose and put some mulch or straw down.

Dodge Man

We are on the 4th time replanting some of the tomatoes and have replanted some of the peppers for the 3rd time and still have 4 plants that look like they are almost dead. Most of the peppers have been in the ground for 3 to 4 weeks and are still no bigger than when we planted them.

Most of the rest of the garden is coming along good but the beans still look like swiss cheese and I am spraying Malathion on them every 3 or 4 days. I can't see any kind of bugs on them at all. Dose anybody know what is eating them up ?

Latest posts