Fruit trees Question

volsfan1976

I have started clearing some places that I would like to plant some trees. But I have never planted any before. I have been reading this forum a lot and am trying to get a game plan and kind of layout the areas. Here is what I have came to so far as types and kinds and would just like to see if this sounds ok as I have no idea what im doing.

Dunstan Chestnuts
Apple- Liberty, Freedom,Arkansas Black,&Goldrush
Crab Apple- Dolgo and Transcendant
Pears- Kieffer & ?
Persimmons- ?

I figured i would plant the chestnuts in an area or 2 by themselves depending how many we start with and the fruit trees i thought maybe spread them out in 3-4 locations and mix them together in each area. i am hoping that eventually this would provide more food over and extended peroid of time with the different fruit dropping at different times. Do this sound ok or am i missing something that i just don't know about. And also are these varieties good or is there something that maybe better for deer. Wildlife is all these will be planted for. thanks

backyardtndeer

Bought a variety of bare root apple and keiffer and Bartlett pears from tyty nursery. They have done fairly well. My pears are producing, deer love them. Apples had blooms last year, but frost got them. Crabapples do well too and are self pollinating.

Very important to cage any trees you plant.