Freeze

wayne

PalsPal":11atlenq said:
wayne":11atlenq said:

Fulmer comes through :D !

I also thought the announcement would have been prior to SEC champ. game to get the pub, but maybe Pruitt just wants to be sure. He knows what's riding on the hire.
I figured that if they were going to make an announcement it would be before today's game. That way the game would overshadow the hire and less negative attention by the media, because it's coming if they hire Freeze.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PalsPal

Freeze may be waiting to see if Bama OC takes Maryland job. Saban would hire him in a minute and laugh at any criticism.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

wayne

Freeze its rumored to be the #1 candidate for the HC position at Liberty University with Gil Turner retiring today.

PillsburyDoughboy

gator-n-buck":21bs8mvf said:
And just like that no more talk about Freeze the bag-man to UT..... :rotf:
Its looking more and more like Mike Locksley will land the head job at Maryland and Freeze will wind up at ALABAMA . Freeze knows his chances of landing a HC job will be faster through the track at ALABAMA than at vols or auburn. One more bad season at auburn and gus in packing up the bus for sure and that leaves Freeze in the wind once again and at vols he is going to have to prove himself really strong to make a name for himself. Going to be tough with a team rebuilding. I just don't see it in the cards for him.

Freeze is going to hate his one year at ALABAMA and have to suck up to Saban but its what is best for him.

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":2ojm2kxy said:
Its looking more and more like Mike Locksley will land the head job at Maryland and Freeze will wind up at ALABAMA . Freeze knows his chances of landing a HC job will be faster through the track at ALABAMA than at vols or auburn. One more bad season at auburn and gus in packing up the bus for sure and that leaves Freeze in the wind once again and at vols he is going to have to prove himself really strong to make a name for himself. Going to be tough with a team rebuilding. I just don't see it in the cards for him.

Freeze is going to hate his one year at ALABAMA and have to suck up to Saban but its what is best for him.

I cannot argue against any of that. If Kiffin can do it, anyone can.

If it comes out that the holdup was on TN's side, the fans may have another uprising.

PalsPal

PillsburyDoughboy":3a82pakn said:
gator-n-buck":3a82pakn said:
Don't count out F$U......
Could be. I know he hates Saban and will really have to bite some upper lip to accept the job. So its possible.

All he has to do is hang some framed newspaper clippings in his office of the times he beat Bama :D !

FSU would also be a draw because he might feel he would have an inside track at replacing Taggert. But that's a catch 22, because if he does too good of a job then they won't be able to fire Taggert!

PillsburyDoughboy

PalsPal":3qespja6 said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3qespja6 said:
gator-n-buck":3qespja6 said:
Don't count out F$U......
Could be. I know he hates Saban and will really have to bite some upper lip to accept the job. So its possible.

All he has to do is hang some framed newspaper clippings in his office of the times he beat Bama :D !

Aint that the truth.

I can only imagine his time at ALABAMA will be turbulent but I think he would do a good job for us. If things were to go down hill say the late part of the season with him on board and its on his side of the ball I could see him not making the bus trip home and getting left behind.

wayne

Freeze is the hottest OC name out there, and could possibly land a HC position. Freeze holds all the cards. He'd be a fool not to slow-play it.

PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy":2jy0p67i said:
gator-n-buck":2jy0p67i said:

Locksley went to Maryland .
Next up ... FreeZe to ALABAMA. Hate losing Mike but this appears to be a every year thing at ALABAMA and SAban seems to know how to work around it ok .

I don't expect this to be anything like the year Kiffin bailed on us during playoffs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":305dg7dc said:
PillsburyDoughboy":305dg7dc said:
gator-n-buck":305dg7dc said:

Locksley went to Maryland .
Next up ... FreeZe to ALABAMA. Hate losing Mike but this appears to be a every year thing at ALABAMA and SAban seems to know how to work around it ok .

I don't expect this to be anything like the year Kiffin bailed on us during playoffs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Freeze is hired by Bama it will be a Bear Bryant tactic. They'll hire him so they won't have to compete against him. Like when Bear would sign 50 to a class. Not because he wanted them, he didn't want anybody else to have them.

PillsburyDoughboy

I can think of worse tactics to employ.

Hire him for a year so you don't have to compete against him. Not bad.

He could bring Enos up From QB coach and bring in a different QB coach . Saban loves to bring from within.

Latest posts