Four Wheeler Help

String Music

Probably not the best forum, but I will technically use the four wheeler for deer hunting too. I'm trying to decide between a used Honda Rubicon or Rincon and a Yamaha Grizzly. The four wheeler will be used mostly for trail riding with my kids and hunting rather than for working on a farm. I like the suspension on the Rincon and Grizzly more than the Rubicon. I do not plan on going in deep water or mud nor will I be rock crawling. I need a smooth riding four wheeler that does require maintenance all the time (which is why I'm not getting a Polaris).

Any suggestions?

MUP

I have a 700Rincon and I like it, but it's BIG, not practical for moving thru the woods to retrieve a deer unless you just hunt fields. I miss my 300 FourTrax when it comes to going to get a deer in the woods.

JCDEERMAN

We had a '98 Grizzly we just got rid of just this past spring. It served it's purpose and did well. We have a Grizzly that's an '05, I believe, and it's been great.

Never had a Polaris 4-wheeler, but we have a Ranger UTV and love it. People do love their Honda's, but we've never had one.

TNTreeman

I love Honda and have a Foreman that is awesome - never really had problems with it. Got a great deal on a grizzly and it's been good to. Find one of those brands that hasn't been abused and you'll be good.

Stykbow

Honda all the way. I'm sure the Grizzly is a good machine, but my experience with Honda has shown them to be tough as nails.

If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough!

TLRanger

For the smoothest ride, get a Suzuki............They have 4 wheel independent suspension......It will do anything a Honda or any other brand plus ride so much smoother.......I had one several years ago but now have a Honda Foreman....I don't trail ride anymore so the Honda does OK.

Ski

MUP":14v8wiot said:
I miss my 300 FourTrax when it comes to going to get a deer in the woods.

Now there's a machine that won't die, will go anywhere, and is small enough to fit!!! Had one for years & gave it to neighbor kids when I moved from NM to TN.

I also have a 2001 Polaris Sportsman 400 that I like almost as much. Pretty much no maintenance aside from two batteries along the way. It's more complicated than the Honda with all the electronic crap, but it's been a trusty machine. For hunting and retrieving, nothing beats a smaller machine, IMO. That said I have a Ranger 800 UTV & man it is the cat's meow for work. I disc & rake plots, trails, haul & drag logs for my mill, on top of cruising around with wife & youngns.

TN Larry

You can't go wrong with Honda IMO.

Would it be practical to use a side by side for what you need? I have both and love the sxs. I use it alot around the house that I woudn't have thought.

Ladys man

Loved my Honda 300 but I wouldn't trade my king quad 450 4x4 for it, I dnt need the extra pep or the 4x4 but it's always there if I ever do.

Remington700

I have two Hondas and they are bullet proof. I have owned Polaris also and they are good bikes. They have more moving parts which means more maintenance. It depends on what exactly you are wanting out of it. Honda does not have all the bells and whistles or HP the others have. That is also why Hondas also have fewer problems.

jmf

I've had them all. Best one I've had is the grizzly 700. Whatever you get I highly recommend power steering. Well worth it

Gravey

Honda all the way. I have a Honda 300 4x4 I bought new in 1999 and she's as strong today as the day I bought her. Bought a Honda Pioneer 700 in 2015 and liked it just fine but at Christmas this year my nephew wanted to buy it for duck hunting and my wife wants a 4-seater so kids can do trail riding with us so I sold it to him and in process of buying a Honda Talon 1000X4.

Bullit

2-Step Enabled
I have had Honda's and Yamahas. I've had a grizzly since 2002 and its been everywhere, several states and every hunting season. If you ride a grizzly you will not go back to a Honda . It has the smoothest ride ever and will pull anything ,even a elk. I haven't had any problems just routine maintenance. Hope this helps.

Latest posts