Fort Campbell Turkey hunting closed!!!

medwc

Closed because of the Chinese Virus. Sad Day...

Hopefully, LBL will still have a season. :pray:

megalomaniac

It will be an interesting experiment to see how much (if any) populations increase with a year without hunting pressure. Hopefully, population models and brood surveys are being carried out there. Could provide some insightful info on season dates and limits for the rest of the state

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Roost 1

megalomaniac":33vmrorb said:
It will be an interesting experiment to see how much (if any) populations increase with a year without hunting pressure. Hopefully, population models and brood surveys are being carried out there. Could provide some insightful info on season dates and limits for the rest of the state

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I wish you were right but I'm sure they will not have that much foresight....

SKFOOTER

Boll Weevil":axs2xc2w said:
Call me crazy but seems like 100k acres might possibly be enough space to accommodate the social distancing guidance.
Of course it is. But I was told this afternoon that the entire base is shut down.

Andy S.

I suspect the closure stems from the employees who have to work the hunting/fishing/tagging department. DoD is pushing 100% telework unless the job is "mission essential" in hopes of helping slow the spread and hopefully prevent the hospitals from getting overwhelmed.

SKFOOTER

Ft Campbell closed their Hunting and Fishing Office last week and went to Online Permit Validation as well as Online Harvest Validation but Hunting was allowed thru yesterday. Other military installations have implemented the same procedures yet Ft Stewart is still open to Hunting.

SKFOOTER

I was just told that Ft Stewart is closing down their turkey hunting beginning Monday. So Campbell may be allowing their soldiers the areas for recreation this weekend. But an explanation could have been given on their Isportsmanftcampbell page.

Rakkin6

I sent an ICE Comment in regards to the closure of the turkey season here is the response I got. Still a little confused has I was on post this morning to go for a run by myself and soldiers are still doing p.t. in groups running and doing muscular conditioning 1 feet from each other all while sweating. But it is above my paygrade

Good morning.  Apologize for taking so long to get back to you.  With so many of us out of office due to COVID19 it took a little longer to contact and get a response from our Chief, Environmental Division to let you know why the season was cut short.

The following response is from Mr. Atkins, Envronmental Division Chief who is the overall supervisor for Ft. Campbell's hunting and fishing which is part of Environmental's Conservation branch which is one of many of the areas Environmental has responsibility.

Bill Coke

DPW Management Analyst

Ft. Campbell, KY

From Mr. Atkins:

Thank you for sharing your feedback.  The DPW Hunting and Fishing Program also shares your disappointment in the early suspension of the spring hunting season.  Hunting was suspended under order of the installation Senior Commander MG Winski as the Health Protection Condition (HPCON) of the installation changed from BRAVO to CHARLIE.  This was an additional protective measure the installation leadership felt necessary to put in place at that time.  Protection measures and procedures are being continuously reassessed by the installation leadership and DPW is prepared to continue hunting on a strictly online basis should protection measures change that would allow hunting to continue.  Hunting was initially the only iSportsman activity directed to close, however, more recently fishing and other outdoor recreation activities have also been directed to close.  These decisions are made by the Senior Commander in consultation with other installation leadership and are deemed necessary for the safety and security of the installation population.  DPW will continue to look into how to offset the inconvenience of closing outdoor recreation early by possibly refunding permit fees, waiving future fees, etc.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will keep the iSportsman community up to date on installation developments through the web page.  We also encourage you to use the following Fort Campbell Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage for more information on the installation's response to COVID-19:  https://home.army.mil/campbell/index.php/covid-19

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts