Flooding?

Boll Weevil

Who has hunting grounds under water? The Hatchie was backed up on my place but fortunately it's on the way down for now. With the rain we've had and the ground being saturated, just about any amount of rain results in the rivers/creeks coming right back up pretty quick. Hopefully we can have some sustained dry spells between now and the end of March.

Andy S.

Hatchie on my end, close to the mouth where it dumps into MS River is really out of banks. Big river is high so all of the local rain water just has to spread out until MS River drops and allows drainage downstream. Furthermore, big river is backing up into the tributaries somewhat and exacerbating the localized flooding problem. It will likely be a few days before conditions improve on this end.

This video (not mine) is 9 days old or so, but you get the picture. The big river has continued to rise in Memphis, so conditions are likely the same in the area seen in this video.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2533494609

Carlos

I'm already seeing Poults on my place in Cumberland county, just the other day I watched a couple Hens cross the road with about 20.
I got a pic of them.

I hope the wet weather eases off for the sake if the hatch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UpperTully

Looks like a fast fall on the big river soon. Lets hope the rain holds off for a while and lets the Ohio and Tennessee flush out. Our next big worry is the melt and rain

Attachments

• memt1_hg.png
    memt1_hg.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 976

Southern Sportsman

Some timber in which I hope to kill a turkey this year is about 6 ft deep right now. It was 10 ft deep last week, so we're headed in the right direction.

Boll Weevil

4ft in that amount of time is a LOT of water SS. That video is more than a little bit humbling Andy and not to sound like a public safety officer but ya'll take care with deeper than normal moving water like we got right now. In retrospect yeah I've stripped down to my skivvies and crossed swollen creeks that I prolly (definitely) shouldn't have to chase a bird. It's a dang BIRD man!

Smh...prolly happen again this spring...dang bird's fault if you ask me. If he just would have been on this side of the water everything would have been just fine.

Southern Sportsman

Carlos":12zo110x said:
Here they are
3bf1ddeef84b992ed2ef082d9bce0c90.jpg

I love this post. I grew up in a hunting household, but my dad didn't turkey hunt. I had an uncle that turkey hunted, and I knew they were cool and elusive. When I was about 6 my dog killed a guinea and brought it up to the house. You have never seen a kid more excited and proud of his dog for going out and killing a wild turkey. I called my best friend and told him about it. Called my dad at work and told him about it. He didn't work in an office, so before cell phones calling him at work meant something was important. He seemed skeptical but didn't say much. I carried that dead guinea around with me all afternoon until my dad got home and broke the news.

I still think about that every single time I see a guinea.

Latest posts