flat or half moon... whats the difference

shopson

Half moons have an indention in them that fits your string similar to an arrow fitting on a bow string. just like carbon and aluminum, basically a matter of preference.

Dienamic

My vision will not shoot flat noks. String angle is too steep when cocked. Makes it dryfire or so they say...

NBK4223

Well I have a Horton legend 175.. didn't realize at the store i had picked up flat in stead of half moon...just curious if I can use them or not...I guess the best way to find out is to try shooting them I guess

mike243

i would look at the horton website for the correct answer,you anit been whipped til you have had a string break,i been whipped when a knock broke on my old black bear compound bow

vabuckbuster

I have shot the flat knocks with my Horton team realtree 175 and they shot just as good as the half moons. no differce at all.

Although it's not what I have right now (cause they aren't handy where I live)I actually prefered the flat.

When using the moons, I always give the arrow a little twist after loading just to make sure that the knock is seated good. Don't know if that's needed or not, but no need for that with the flats.

Latest posts