Fishing Teacher Girls Extravaganza

rsimms

Today (May 23) was the 3rd Annual Scenic City/Fishing Teacher Student Extravaganza. Sam Simons (known at Red Bank Elementary as "The Fishing Teacher") rewards his best students with fishing trips, and I'm proud to help out in my own meager fashion.

This trip was sponsored & paid for by my friend Kirk Gardner (TNDeer's "Kirk"). He bought a trip I donated to the Ronald McDonald House. Then he turned around and donated it to Sam's kids.

We ran four young ladies through two "fishing shifts." First up was Ciara and Ja'Quayah. We concentrating drifting shiners and each young lady tagged a few fish. We switched out to bluegill and Ja'Quayah was smokin' 'em.

kids1.jpg

Ciara

kids2.jpg

Ja'Quayah

kids3.jpg

We enjoyed a boat ride down the river... and then it was time for the second shift.

Hayley and Anslee tag teamed bass and cats. Hayley tagged two different LARGE catfish (and I do mean large!) that both came unbuttoned. emoBang Hayley did great... no mistakes on her part. They just came unbuttoned. Of course the little ones DIDN'T get away (even though they weren't so little to Hayley).

Meanwhile Anslee stuck a beatiful smallmouth (and broke off a couple more, oops).

It was great fun... we spent a while letting the young ladies take their turn on bluegill and they absolutely did NOT want to quit. They were fishing fools. I think they'd still be out there if we let 'em.

kids4.jpg

Hayley

kids5.jpg

Anslee

kids6.jpg

It was a great experience... for them and for me! Which means life is good and gettin' better every day.

Kirk

I need to look at the fishing forum more often. :D I am glad they had a good time. Richard, I am simply a re-gifter, you and Sam are the true givers in the bunch.

Latest posts