First fawn off the year

redblood

Agree. With that said, most of us can differentiate and appreciate the chase and challenge of a fully wild deer/turkey, when compared to a town deer/turkey. Others, not so much.
Yes. It has gotten better on here. There was a time when we had a few "volume killers". That would brag about killing fawns and "aim for the spots" and chime in that " if its brown its down". I think alot of those guys have moved on.

BigAl

Still waiting to see some babies in my backyard. Usually its late June but seems like last year I started seeing them a week or two earlier.
Haven't seen any does wondering around the backyard during the day, thats usually a sign.

gladesman60

Attachments

• 20210529_163126.jpg
    20210529_163126.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71

tn24

From the straight cut on the legs I would have thought a mower got him. Hate to see it either way.
pic.png

BSK

My first trail-cam picture of a fawn traveling with its mother, taken June 9. That fawn is smaller than my cats!

Attachments

• doe&fawn.jpg
    doe&fawn.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 54

CrossVolle

My first trail-cam picture of a fawn traveling with its mother, taken June 9. That fawn is smaller than my cats!
Have a video of a giant belly walking past my cam into a bedding area at 6:45 am June 8, and emerging at 12:45 pm out of the same bedding area with, what looked like to me, as a fresh one. Sea legs, on the tit, and mama still cleaning him up quite a bit. Was pretty cool to catch. Back dates to around November 21st conception. VALUABLE information. Still have 2 more nannies running around big as a house as recent as wednesday. Would post the footage, but posting media on this board is something i haven't quite figured out yet.

Last edited:

TNTreeman

I had to get my fields cut yesterday to prepare for my corn planting at the end of the week. I was very pleased there were no casualties , deer or turkey. Saw about 5 fawns all of which were the size of a big tomcat and could run like the wind. Jumped several nice bucks that will be dandies this fall. They let me get 20 ft from them before bolting.

Latest posts