Finding a SPYPOINT?

BSK

Each year I make a map of my camera locations for that year. I run enough cameras that that's the only way I can remember where they all are. In addition, I move my cameras so frequently that by the end of the season I may have moved my cameras around to 40 different spots.

TheLBLman

I do similarly to BSK, but sometimes forget to record a new cam location.
Amazing how many my own cams I've stumbled across, thinking, "who put that there", only to find out later it was my cam, my placement, perhaps from a year earlier.

Cell cams are now helping me keep up with the cams better.

BSK

I hate that you lost your spypoint camera but you didn't lose much🤣

I mark all my cameras on my onX app to keep this from happening, there's been several times I really had to think where a certain camera was before I started using onX.
Anything you can do to map out cameras is a help. Especially as one ages and their memory isn't what it used to be (at least that's the case with me).

Coker

Gentlemen, and I use that term lightly,
You have to realiize who you are dealing with. Iglow is in his early 60's and was born about 100 years too late. To get him to use any kind of app or modern technology, for that matter, will be highly unlikely. I told him, before he started this thread, to chalk it up as a lost camera. BUT, he is hard headed and wont listen to reason. Now, he is scratching his head wondering if he will buy another camera or keep looking for this one. If he finds this one, it will be one day, a few years from now, when he is walking through his hunting areas and stumbles across it. His first thought will be, "who is hunting my area"???!!! Not remembering that he lost a camera a few years back. Then, he will remember it about the time he gets to his truck.........Anyway, trying to help him is like pulling teeth, painful and not very productive.
Good Luck Iglow and dont give up. You will eventually find it and we are all rooting for you. ;)

Iglow

Gentlemen, and I use that term lightly,
You have to realiize who you are dealing with. Iglow is in his early 60's and was born about 100 years too late. To get him to use any kind of app or modern technology, for that matter, will be highly unlikely. I told him, before he started this thread, to chalk it up as a lost camera. BUT, he is hard headed and wont listen to reason. Now, he is scratching his head wondering if he will buy another camera or keep looking for this one. If he finds this one, it will be one day, a few years from now, when he is walking through his hunting areas and stumbles across it. His first thought will be, "who is hunting my area"???!!! Not remembering that he lost a camera a few years back. Then, he will remember it about the time he gets to his truck.........Anyway, trying to help him is like pulling teeth, painful and not very productive.
Good Luck Iglow and dont give up. You will eventually find it and we are all rooting for you. ;)
Well Coker my friend… I did in fact exhaust every place I thought it could be and gave up and accepted the loss. On a side note I had 2 left, one of which wouldn't flash at night. I was so discouraged with that camera I thought the best thing to do was to put it on the ground and stomp it multiple times but it dawned on me that I could give it to a mutual friend of ours! That was Friday, he called me today in defeat, saying it was a lost cause. It is resting quietly midway down in his garage can….
So, to put a cap on this sad affair, I'm left with 1 working spypoint that I'll fool with here around the house and am out of the cellular camera business on a big scale for good.

deerhunter10

Well Coker my friend… I did in fact exhaust every place I thought it could be and gave up and accepted the loss. On a side note I had 2 left, one of which wouldn't flash at night. I was so discouraged with that camera I thought the best thing to do was to put it on the ground and stomp it multiple times but it dawned on me that I could give it to a mutual friend of ours! That was Friday, he called me today in defeat, saying it was a lost cause. It is resting quietly midway down in his garage can….
So, to put a cap on this sad affair, I'm left with 1 working spypoint that I'll fool with here around the house and am out of the cellular camera business on a big scale for good.
Spy points will do that to a man.. had nothing but trouble out of those pos cameras.